ENG Blurries

judson1980

Hi Guys,

I'm loving ENG however I'm finding for the first time ever on my system i'm getting blurries.

I have my system locked with Nvidia inspector to 35 and get zero fluctuation in FPS. The blurries are happening in urban and rural locations. I does load in if I pause for a min however I do not experience this with any other Orbx product as my system handles FSX very well.

All sliders are maxed except for traffic

my system is 2700k @ 5.0 with 8gb ram 1866

Gtx 680 (Sli)

Fsx on dedicated Force GT SSD

I'm having the same issue with P3d too but not half as bad.

Here is a screenie for you to see. It looks like the ground texture takes much longer to load in. Also please note I have turned graphics down on sliders with no success. Now on 2nd install and clean FSX.cfg

Posted Image

One thing you could try... Look for your Anisotropic filtering setting in the Nvidia Control Panel... If this is set to 16x or 32x (if it goes that high), try turning it back to 8x and see what happens... This made a world of difference for me when it came to addressing "blurry" textures... which is not the texture itself, but just how the video card is rendering it.

Thanks for the reply Dean. I have it on 16x however tried it on 8x and made no difference. I have however dropped the Mesh resolution to 10m I had it on full that has made a huge difference, Not as good with performance as PNW/NZ however now I'm happy.

Going to keep playing with NV inspector but something is definitely different. It's as though the loading priority has changed with ground textures.

Thanks again for taking the time. :)

Hi Sacha,

The weird bit is that FPS is outstanding over ENG. I lock at 35 FPS with Nvidia inspector and it does not budge. The traffic over UK is much reduced vs PNW etc.

I did reduce some eye candy like cloud draw distance and it doesn't really help. I have played with LOD in FSX GO from 4.5-6.5 no difference with the blurries.

So in the interest of Science, I took Autogen down to notch 1 in FSX. and I still get the issue. With the frames unlocked I can bag around 100 FPS avg at this point so my system should be enjoying 35 FPS.

Hope the pics show the issue. Pic 1 &2 were taken c5 seconds apart. The flight was around 3000 feet around the Huddersfield area.

I hop this helps as this is my only ENG niggle. Looking around the tail of the aircraft the ground scenery resolution is quite different.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Sascha, my road traffic is disabled so I don't think that is the problem. When flying AU or PNW regions everything is fine, and default FSX is fine. But trying to fly even a short hop in the EU region textures get so blurry that the ground is reduced to almost a single solid color with no texture or autogen.

Yep you have a texture draw problem and it's something I personally look for, I like them sharp as can be.

I think I know your problem. You have 35 FPS with Nvidia inspector and I hope/bet you have FPS in fsx set to unlimited?

If so that's your problem. Orbx is unlike photreal in the since it needs the max time it can get to load all them textures.

So IMO never use any other limiter than the one built into fsx or any change to time_fiberXXX etc.

Stop 35 FPS with Nvidia inspector set to do not use and set within FSX FPS to 30. LOD to 6.5 =happy days. 35 is a odd fps, try 30 and that should give you I bit more head room.

Reason why,

No matter what external FPS limiter you use, setting the FSX to unlimited gives better fps, because it give less time to loading textures and this might not show up to bad, but I always see when useing Orbx that you need FSX within set to 30. It cost FPS but thats not a problem for you but will give you the textures you want. GL.

Thanks for the reply Nyxx,

I have tried that and results were slightly better however still not where they usually are. I locked frames in fsx and deleted the nvi fps.

I took off all eye candy and still the same issue. It doesn't seem like a system struggling issue. Obviously some add on scenery has a huge impact. KSEA and orbx is about as tough as it gets and I don't have this issue there.

There is a huge amount of autogen in the eng scenery and I'm happy to drop some graphic detail but when I take out every bit of it and lock frames internally it should be sharp as it possibly could be.

I have done a clean install an still get the same issue. Seems like others do also quite a lot of threads on this. P3d handles it far better which leaves me thinking there is an FSX core program issue. I find ENG 99% perfect just wish I could sort this out.

Set Orbx Central back to default

Delete you ms config

Start fsx and set your opions how you like.

Close set Orbx Central back to EU

Go here and use these guys tweaks http://forum.avsim.n...-guide-for-fsx/ but here are the only ones you need.

[bUFFERPOOLS]

Poolsize=0

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[DISPLAY]

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

[DISPLAY]

WideViewAspect=True

With them twaeks and a clean config, if that does not work I give up. Good luck.

Good stuff from Dave, however I am not surprised you are having blurries if everything is set to Max, regardless of your system. Setting framerates to unlimited is a sure fire way of introducing blurries with most systems. By doing this the CPU is running like a blue arsed fly trying to maintain as high a framerate as it can at the expense of loading the scenery. So... set 30 frames in FSX, do not use any other external limiter. In simple terms, once the engine has achieved it's framerate target it then concentrates on loading scenery, instead of trying to achieve a high framerate. It all depends on how far you want to go at maintaining a clear scenery, but if you look at my system, it is far from a slouch and although I have the odd blurry issue, it is never a deal breaker. So for me... untick bloom, flare, aircraft shadows on the ground, aircraft shadows on itself, ground shadows, reduce water to Med x2 (?) (3 down form the max), run cloud coverage and draw distance to medium...... and this will make a difference, ensure you allow APPLICATION CONTROLLED anisotropic filtering in Inspector, this can help a lot with blurries. You may find that if you follow Dave's advice for the BufferPool tweak that you get flashing, if this is the case you can either try a RejectThreshold value or stay with the Poolsize tweak and use the higher water setting, I can never remember these darn settings, anyway second down from max. Reduce cars to 12%, switch off ferries etc, switch off ocean boats, switch off airport vehicles. If using FSX AI then only run with either Airline or GA and then never run more than about 20-25%. Better still get yourself a third party addon, such as My Traffic X and run at 30-35%. this will actually give better frames than the FSX AI running at less. As for autogen, this is purely personal, but IMO I never see any reason to ever run at max. The autogen setting should be a flexible element when starting a flight. If you are flying over high density areas, then it will be advantageous to drop it down, maybe at dense or normal, but when flying over less CPU intensive parts of the UK you can afford to leave it set higher. At the end of the day, it's all about a good balanced system. For me personally, it's about having a smooth, blur free flying experience and even with my rig, I have discovered it's about sacrifice and unless you're very lucky, and some guys are, it will mean dropping your expectations with all the eye candy. As for Inspector, with your rig I would suggest you try these settings BTW, apologies if I am trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs...

Posted Image

Howard your not teaching egg sucking at all. I really appreciate the time you & Dave are putting in to solve my issue. The big problem is I use the same tweaks as you guys do. I know there are always a few exceptions but the tips you and Dave have kindly sent are without doubt the optimum setting tried and tested by us all.

One thing I didn't do is lock frames internally as I used the Nvidia Inspector method of lock FPS and 1/2 refresh. The rest of the above is pretty much where I have it.

I have dropped Autogen as I know that you can't get consistent frames across all sceneries globally.

I'm stumped now as even if I follow every trick in the book & drop any 3d scenery, Clouds, water and traffic to zero; It still sticks out like a saw thumb. There does seem to be a fair few people getting this issue and If I go to PNW or NZ It's perfect.

Going to try a different GPU driver. I'm running on GTX 680's and thinking there could be a driver conflict. I will post back with the findings. Failing that I'm going to dust off the 580 and give that a go.

It's not a Orbx issue I don't think. My P3D runs it great but I'm just not ready to let my FSX go just yet!

Thanks again guys!

Hmmm, well, I too have been surprised that Eng is not as smooth and blur free as NZ, but of course the problem that has already been said is mainly the closeness and density of autogen. If you have followed the guide that Dave posted and also my tips with FSX settings, then I am a little stumped. I mean your rig should fly for cryin out loud!

OK sorted the issue.

You were both correct. I took the Nvidia Insp FPS lock off and limited to 30FPS in FSX as suggested however I got Microstutter. After taking a real rock n roll Saturday night in I then simply put the 1/2 refresh active in Inspector. Now it's perfect.

Always a way. Now I'm 110% happy with ENG.

Dave & Howard thanks for the insight and sound advice. :D

result

Posted Image

OK sorted the issue.

You were both correct. I took the Nvidia Insp FPS lock off and limited to 30FPS in FSX as suggested however I got Microstutter. After taking a real rock n roll Saturday night in I then simply put the 1/2 refresh active in Inspector. Now it's perfect.

Always a way. Now I'm 110% happy with ENG.

Dave & Howard thanks for the insight and sound advice. :D

result

Can you elaborate what setting this is in inspector "1/2 refresh active in Inspector" Is it VSync? I see Adaptive half refresh rate in the regular nvidia control panel. Not sure if that's the same. I'm having blurries with England myself.

Can you elaborate what setting this is in inspector "1/2 refresh active in Inspector" Is it VSync? I see Adaptive half refresh rate in the regular nvidia control panel. Not sure if that's the same. I'm having blurries with England myself.

I'm assuming it must be the right thing. I don't have the blurries any more. England is absolutely awesome!!!

Thank you!!!!

Archived