ftx England my views [Vector Road appearance]

sleightflight

I really enjoy all the ftx sceneries I have & I have quite a few. I installed England today & here is what I thought .

overall the scenery looks nice I really like the fact I don't get any blurries like I get with my horizon photo sceneries for the same area , the scenery is clear even down really low , where photo textures go fuzzy , it stayed clear climbing high & looked quite realistic .

I have seen the comments about inaccuracies & the answers given for the causes & I to be honest expected it so I'm not really upset about it . My only real let down was how the roads actually look , just like grey lines , that is the only thing that spoilt the immersion for me.

I hope there will in the future a way to improve the way the roads look & hope this comment is helpful in some way .

I agree, even though we pay taxes left, right and centre, the roads in England don't look that clean cut. :D

It would be nice - once the lack of traffic on dual carriageways is fixed - if the roads were upgraded in the next patch.

God bless you.

Mark.

You're right about the roads. Most main roads in the UK are black, apart from the odd concrete ones which are white.

But then I'm a highway engineer so I notice these things.

The layout of the main roads are really accurate so following motorways is easy and if you know the layout of the junctions you can easily tell where you are.

It's great to be able fly over an England which looks like England.

Cheers

Peter

(A lot of the minor rural roads are grey)

I agree, even though we pay taxes left, right and centre, the roads in England don't look that clean cut. :D

It would be nice - once the lack of traffic on dual carriageways is fixed - if the roads were upgraded in the next patch.

God bless you.

Mark.

Yes I learned only today you poor folks have to pay a heavy tax for owning a tellie and you have actual tv tax enforcement agency

Yikes !

Yes I learned only today you poor folks have to pay a heavy tax for owning a tellie and you have actual tv tax enforcement agency

Yikes !

Ha ha, that is kind of true! :)

But we do "get" the BBC channels for that tax, and it is all commercial-free so no commercial interruptions at all to movies etc. Personally I think the TV License is good value, as I mainly watch BBC programs and Radio. :)

Sorry for O/T. Another very, very happy, English, FTX ENG owner here. Love it!

I also have my UK2000 Xtreme Airports installed, but not my VFR 1,2,3 packs at the moment, as I'm keen to visit FTX's interpretations of the smaller English airports. :)

Good value for money for the TV license?

They sack a guy after how many days in charge yet give him 400k for his trouble...

The roads are a little bland in FTX:England. But I guess with too much detail and the FPS goes out the window.

But we do "get" the BBC channels for that tax, and it is all commercial-free so no commercial interruptions at all to movies etc. Personally I think the TV License is good value, as I mainly watch BBC programs and Radio. :)

I also have my UK2000 Xtreme Airports installed, but not my VFR 1,2,3 packs at the moment, as I'm keen to visit FTX's interpretations of the smaller English airports. :)

not to take this too far OT, but I would personally love to pay a sum so that I could get all the BBC channels here in the US. we have BBC America, but it's not really the same.

I agree the roads just look blah and I also think there is something lacking in the realism of the terrain...it looks 2d instead of 3d. All the previous work is so much better then this one. I changed to summer season and it looks a little better but still there is something needed to improve it to the ftx standard. Just my opinion.

I agree the roads just look blah and I also think there is something lacking in the realism of the terrain...it looks 2d instead of 3d. All the previous work is so much better then this one. I changed to summer season and it looks a little better but still there is something needed to improve it to the ftx standard. Just my opinion.

"I agree the roads just look blah and I also think there is something lacking in the realism of the terrain...it looks 2d instead of 3d. All the previous work is so much better then this one. I changed to summer season and it looks a little better but still there is something needed to improve it to the ftx standard. Just my opinion."

I agree.

I have stopped flying it. PNW, AU, NZ NI, & NZ SI are the best

Well, FTX ENG is a gem, no doubt about that. I already spent many hours with it and I'm looking forward to the handcrafted airfields.

A concern I have is the generic autogen. It just doesn't look British to me. Where are the chimneys, the front yards and the Victorian terraced houses? Just something to think about. Otherwise: Great work, mates!

Tobias,

I bought up the question about the houses in the support forum and John explained very well why it's not possible.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/51150-constructive-criticism-of-house-size/

Also to give Orbx credit they have made the houses British looking, I would like terrace houses but as you see in link that's not possible but the houses are good and English.

Yikes !

Yes but most people don't know is that they are a private company and you can ignore them, if you know how to do it lawfully.

I have UK200 VFR1,2 AND 3 installed all above FTX in the library and they blend in really well, although there is some disagreement in some area's but my

experience has been great.

Tobias,

I bought up the question about the houses in the support forum and John explained very well why it's not possible.

http://www.orbxsyste...of-house-size/

Also to give Orbx credit they have made the houses British looking, I would like terrace houses but as you see in link that's not possible but the houses are good and English.

Dave, thanks for pointing this one out our for me. I didn't notice the thread.

Archived