Nice Arvo down in Mordy

Capnsully

Mordialloc is its official name. A once seedy horse racing training area, now gentrified and packed with beach lovers in summer.

I'm jumping in the deep end and will be making a cute little scenery for the area, featuring the park facilities and boating area, just right for a short trip around the bay in a Cub with floats. I've got some great imagery from Nearmap that should be okay for freeware distribution (theyre allowing it with X-Plane)

pretty good toilets to be modelled!

Posted Image

This google imagery should be replaced with nearmap. I had a hell of a time trying to work out how to get the .inf file edited and 'recompiled' as we experts say!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Ryan, though 'mastered' might be jumping the gun! Yeah, I've yet to do the blend and water masks, and then colour/brightness match, then remove yucky images like trees where there'll be 3d ones. Heaps of work, just for the photo! Satisfying though.

Seasons? What are they? :-) at least I don't need snow!

Ryan was right, Blending is a B#$%#$! What a struggle this morning was. Finally understood all the details. Gawd. :wacko: :wacko:

Now more subtle tweaking to do. But very pleased with the quality of the NearMap imagery.

Here's what it looked like when I was struggling, not a good look. i'd done the masks, but had still left the rest of the image in the 2 files. Duh!:

Posted Image

But finally, it's looking great, even mixing some of the coastal water pattern with the fsx waves. Still need to reduce it a bit though:

Posted Image

Decided to remove all the boats moored at the jetty, it'll look better with 3D ones.look how crisp that imagery is! You can see the white pointers (only the Aussies will get that :-)

Posted Image

Nice ones Simmo

and thanks for your Tx Eric. It'll get better every week I hope!

Ryan was right, Blending is a B#$%#$! What a struggle this morning was. Finally understood all the details. Gawd. :wacko: :wacko:

Now more subtle tweaking to do. But very pleased with the quality of the NearMap imagery.

Here's what it looked like when I was struggling, not a good look. i'd done the masks, but had still left the rest of the image in the 2 files. Duh!:

Posted Image

But finally, it's looking great, even mixing some of the coastal water pattern with the fsx waves. Still need to reduce it a bit though:

Posted Image

Decided to remove all the boats moored at the jetty, it'll look better with 3D ones.look how crisp that imagery is! You can see the white pointers (only the Aussies will get that :-)

Posted Image

and thanks for your Tx Eric. It'll get better every week I hope!

No problem, these shots look awesome to me, keep em coming :)

Try zooming in as much as you can, you might find a few pixels that got missed when you looked at it, when you are working with balck and white and you stare at a texture sheet long enough things all blur together lol

Archived