CreatureFlow enhancements

Trevor Hannant

Okay, okay, we've only just got this and as an initial release it's superb. However, there's so much scope to what could be done with it in future releases - so what would you like to see added as it's improved over the coming months/years?

I'd love to see certain 'creatures' react to the situation - i.e. if a cow's on the runway at Lands Inn, when you buzz it, it runs off...

The fact is what they are doing atm is over and above what should be expected for FSX.

Personally I want to see the FSX engine evolve to the point ORBX can go crazy and do things we never even thought of (which Im sure they could do) If they had the right platform and backing.

I have only been back into Flight Simming in the last year. Hasn't taken me long to see that it's extremly stagnant and very close nit.

If you want it to expand, your going to have to reach for a new target. Everyone that isnt already into it.

I'm sold but then I was doing this with my Uncle at the age of 14.

I get into anything that flys, from GTA aircraft to a Paper plane. (Oh, and those remote controlled Heli's are wicked).

Only thing I want to see is expansion. Expansion means more people doing it lowering the Cost?

Expansion means more people doing it lowering the Cost?

Great point, the thing about flying is that man has been fascinated with it since he first saw a bird soaring. I can't ever remember not looking up when I heard an aircraft go overhead. Deep inside most men and women is a desire to fly like a bird.

If we want better flight sims it's up to us to spread the word, I got told by a friend years ago when flightsim 95 came out, and I was gobbsmacked by how real I thought it looked. Microsoft and 3rd party develpers have been constantly trying to improve the flight experience and the immersion for 25 years. LM have taken over the reigns and with the help of 3rd party developers and enthusiastic flightsimmers the changes will come and the realism will just get better, but it's a practical world and unless these developers can make a living out of there efforts, and by living let me say that the developers arn't making bucketloads of money, many do it as a hobby for what ammounts to pocket money countless freeware developers do it for pure pleasure, but the bulk of the big improvements need support from the community by buying the addons and spreading the word.

Needless to say that if there were no pirates then life and advancements would progress faster, but this is reality and there are people who steal software and in doing so fail to contribute to the progress.

I do know how much the people flow and creature flow to date has cost Orbx and it's substantial quite a few airports will need to be sold to recoup the costs, but ORBX have a leader who has got vision and isnt afraid to explore and finance new innovations, think about that next time you buy a strip, it's not just the time taken buy the developers but all the leadup work and the extra guys working behind the scenes that have to make a living as well, so spread the word if you like what you see and help increase the numbers of flight simmers out there.

I should add that these views are my own and do not necessarily reflect the Orbx views or policies, my soapbox so please dont blame orbx if Ive offended anyone .

cheers

Ken

Hi guys,

Some valuable points raised here and I must say, as a developer, that we try our best to bring innovation to a platform that simply don't support all we have in mind. The actual game engine just doesn't give us out of the box what we need and we have practically to reinvent the given SDK to develop things like those animations.

As Ken well said, support flight simming is the best way to have most of our dreams realized in our hobby.

I'd love to see certain 'creatures' react to the situation - i.e. if a cow's on the runway at Lands Inn, when you buzz it, it runs off...

Those cows can be pretty stubborn. Met them many times on small farm roads with my car and tried to honk the horn like crazy, and they just turn their head around looking at me like they are saying: "Whats wrong with you, are you stupid or something don't you see I'm busy". :blink:

They move when they feel like it, just have to let them do their thing :P

Ken, thanks for the hard work and innovations. Jorge has added a lot to the immersion as well with advanced animations. It shows in the Lands End strip and Longview.

I need to update my sig to show the latest purchases, but I buy all the released addons no matter if I spend much time with them or not, just to support the effort. Some I use a lot, others rarely, but they are all gems.

Firstly an apology, I am lax in updateting my signature, I have in fact purchased all that Orbx have produced, I have known for some three decades of computing that software developers cannot continue to improve their products and produce more with out finacial support.

Now in retirement and with more flying time available it is even more important to have a continuing supply of better, more inovative addons for flight simming, so lets as much as each of us can, support Orbx financialy and be rewarded with bigger and better things in the future and as Ken said above, spread the word.

I recruited one person I now, but unfortantly he was into piracy, but when he saw Orbx he said wow these guys really do a great job and deserves my money. He felt really bad that he had downloaded some Orbx scenery from piratebay and is now changing his bad habits.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived