Bowerman, nice place to fly with a Waco

franck66

thanks to all

how do you like the Waco?

alabeo brings the quality of the 3D model and of the repaints to a very high level compare to some other provider like Vertigo (see the Stearman for example). However I think for the flight model is the opposite. it seems too simplified.

Nice shots :)

Agreed with Bernt, it will do those things. The YMF is not a Pitts, or even a Waco CTO(Taperwing), it is a heavy lazy cruiser, not an aerobatic championship plane. Think of it like a Honda Goldwing or somthing. The Goldwing is a large motorcycle designed for cruising, quite popular with retired folks. :)

In which way too simplified? She snaps, spins, slips, performs hammerheads etc...

I'm agree with pillotj, Waco is a Goldwin, not a Pitts. Of course you could do some aerobatics figure but first of all you need altitude to do them to transform alltitude in speed

for example here a demo with a Waco UPF7 during our show : [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEuIM2Bz-Q

but i'm not sure you could do that directly after the take off as you can see on my screen below at Bowerman. This is why i wrote 'I think for the flight model is the opposite. it seems too simplified' and not 'professional' as you can see on the Waco Alabeo presentation. However, i'm not a real Waco pilot, just a passenger so it's just my feeling.For sure I will use it to make flight over PNW !!!

Posted Image

1. Of course you could do some aerobatics figure but first of all you need altitude to do them to transform alltitude in speed

2. for example here a demo with a Waco UPF7 during our show but i'm not sure you could do that directly after the take off as you can see on my screen below at Bowerman. .

3. This is why i wrote 'I think for the flight model is the opposite it seems too simplified' and not 'professional' as you can see on the Waco Alabeo presentation.

1. Not necessarily, depends on the pax and fuel load.

2. Recommended loop entry speed is 140-150mph. Without passengers, no baggage and 50% fuel I can reach that speed at level flight which means a loop from straight and level flight is just barely possible.

3. So far I've never delivered a 'simplified' FDE (and I most probably never will), maybe you mean 'overpowered' but that's not the case either as the climb rate at MTOW is approx 800fpm and at 'aerobatic' weight 1200fpm, same as the RW numbers.

Rest assured, you've got a 'professional' FDE with your Waco ;)

Bstolle,

On the screen above, i started the loop at 120mph with full fuel. with our UPF-7 (450 HP @ 2300 RPM) it was not recommended to do that ;)

but it's not really important, i prefer use this superb Waco as a 'cruiser' to discover the PNW and other orbx scenery.

Now i'm waiting to know the future incoming Alabeo project and I hope it will be another Classic Bird. Be sure my credit card is ready ;)

now let me show my last screens at Cushman Meadow and Jackson Hole

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy

On the screen above, i started the loop at 120mph with full fuel. with our UPF-7 (450 HP @ 2300 RPM) it was not recommended to do that

How did you do that at 120mph? I tried numerous times but there's no way to get over the top at 120mph entry speed, at 120kts it's barely possible with full tanks.

Of course a loop isn't 'recommended' because you can't complete it at the same altitude you started it! ;) A half cuban 8 (the one in your screenshot) is a different story of course.

Archived