"Southwest, I Got the Clearance"

Eric C

Far out, amazing :o

These are fantastic shots, my friend!!

Fantastic indeed Eric, i like them very much.

cheers

Iain

crackin shots eric!love the colours in theses :)

Thanks a lot guys for the nice comments, I appreciate it! I should have some more night shots coming :)

Great pics Eric the clarity of the evening sky looks magical, I'm guessing these evening shots give you a chance to experiment with "Autostar". As a matter of interest, what are your impressions of Autostar is it worth installing, is the effect realistic, is it user friendly. I would love to see some more night shots maybe with the star intensities tweeked, I read somewhere that star colours could be altered with yellow red and blue hues to indicate star intensity and type.

Great pics Eric the clarity of the evening sky looks magical, I'm guessing these evening shots give you a chance to experiment with "Autostar". As a matter of interest, what are your impressions of Autostar is it worth installing, is the effect realistic, is it user friendly. I would love to see some more night shots maybe with the star intensities tweeked, I read somewhere that star colours could be altered with yellow red and blue hues to indicate star intensity and type.

Hey Jeff, I'm glad you brought this up because I'm going to make a post soon in the General Discussion forums titled, "Autostar, I was wrong". lol. Rob Newman was kind enough to email me the Autostar stars.dat file and I'm enjoying the effects of it and didn't do any tweaking because I like it as it is for my tastes. I just need to crop these couple images smaller that I V keyed and I should have it up in 5 minutes. I'm glad you liked these shots and the NGX is really giving me the change to enjoy the night more and see Orbx/FTX scenery in a different but always enjoyable way :)

Hey Jeff, I'm glad you brought this up because I'm going to make a post soon in the General Discussion forums titled, "Autostar, I was wrong". lol. Rob Newman was kind enough to email me the Autostar stars.dat file and I'm enjoying the effects of it and didn't do any tweaking because I like it as it is for my tastes. I just need to crop these couple images smaller that I V keyed and I should have it up in 5 minutes. I'm glad you liked these shots and the NGX is really giving me the change to enjoy the night more and see Orbx/FTX scenery in a different but always enjoyable way :)

Thanks for the info there Eric, you have me intrigued now what were you wrong about? I downloaded Autostar when I read your other post last week, as yet have not installed, I thought best to get feedback first and install it with the default .dat, I would be interested in Robs autostar.dat if you have a link. And yep I can't pick a favorite shot there all magical.

Thanks for the info there Eric, you have me intrigued now what were you wrong about? I downloaded Autostar when I read your other post last week, as yet have not installed, I thought best to get feedback first and install it with the default .dat, I would be interested in Robs autostar.dat if you have a link. And yep I can't pick a favorite shot there all magical.

Thanks Jeff, I actually have positive things to say about it after I pretty much said that the manual was too complicated, and wordy, but Rob said all you have to do is replace the original fsx stars.dat file (make sure you make a backup copy of the original of course), with the new one from AutoStar and that's it. The change is subtle but enough to make you smile especially at FL200 :) I took some nice shots and almost have that post done in the General Discussion forums.

OK Eric, being kinda lazy with the Google search - what exactly is AutoStar? :-[

No problem Graeme, it's a free tool that can accurately position the planets and stars if you want and adds a subtle change to the night time sky, but enough of a change to enjoy in the sim. I made a post in General Discussions about it, here's the link http://www.orbxsyste...was-wrongsorry/ Hope that helps but let me know if you have any questions :)

Thanks Eric,

What are your impressions of how the milkyway is depicted with autostar, FSX default milkyway seems representative at best.

I know this sounds bad, but haven't checked it yet, haha. Only 1 flight with it so far and was too busy clicking away switches in the NGX, but I'll have to check.

Archived