Havelock New Zealand

lthendrix

I am loving the New Zealand scenery and have been doing some sightseeing down around the south end of south Island I believe I found where I want to retire Its a place called Havelock! this area is very beautiful you New Zealanders are lucky.

Funny, we were there in Jan this yr, a local told me to go for a drive there, yes it's very pretty. Windy roads by the coast to die for, I caned my new Toyota hire car! The new corollas handle very nicely, by the end of the trip I had its tyres singing a lovely tune :-)

Not just the Havelock area that is VERY beautiful !! Spectacular from the ground, from the air or by boat.

Next time you have Orbx South Island fired up, then have a flight around the west coast and down towards the fjords (Milford, Dusky, Doubtful). I almost forgot to mention the Southern Alps, which are even more beautiful. Then of course there are the lakes.........

As a certain national airline once said..."When you see New Zealand, you will understand why we fly there so often".

I may be a little biased here.

smooth landings.

Howard, I leave the creative captures to others, I have not posted a scrennie since the format changed and one was required to upload the pics to ozx image hosting first. I set up an account there but was never able to upload my screenies. Besides, there are many more than I who capture orbx in all its glory than I can..... like you for instance...!

I am loving the New Zealand scenery and have been doing some sightseeing down around the south end of south Island I believe I found where I want to retire Its a place called Havelock! this area is very beautiful you New Zealanders are lucky.

Thank you Loren. Yes we are indeed very lucky.

Loren I was born in Greymouth and grew up in Picton, not far from Havelock. Havelock is pretty and quiet, but I prefer Picton, still in the Sounds, but more amenities, only 25 K from Blenheim and 50 sea miles from Wellington. It is a really lovely area, and much more developed than when I was a girl. I am 57 and have seen the wine industry there develop,literally, from nothing. Go for a visit if you can

Matt, they had to move that siren. It was down by the fire station, however, they also built an old folks home nearby. AS friend of mine, now long retired was a nurse there. She told me, when the siren went off, a dear old duck, who was British and had been through the Blitz in London always used to ask "Is Jerry, coming over, dear?, is it time to go to the shelters now?". Our dog "Irish" (He was a black and tan Chihuahua/Jack Russel cross) always used to howl along with the siren.

Mr Timms, who lived on the next, very steep, street was a Brigade member and always used to ride his pushbike down the (60 degree) slope, fro m his house to the road--until the day he could not turn, hit the curb, performed a half pike with double somersault, not, alas into water, but into the rosebushes! nDespite his serge turnout trousers, he spent the next couple of hours having rose thorns picked pout of his bum by his daughter, who was a nurse at the local hospital

Archived