floating houses

rlaycock

Hi

I have recently installed NZNI. (I also have NZSI Australia and all the North America installed).

However I have a small problem with NZNI. I have flying houses just a small group at the base of Whangaparaoa peninsula. I have read on this forum that this is a FSX bug and should go away if you close FSX and re start. However my set of flying houses don’t go away.

I can make them land, if, during flight I go into settings, change almost any setting that relates to mesh then re enter the flight. However when I end the flight, start a new flight and go back to the base of the Whangaparaoa peninsula, the houses have again grown wings and took off.

It would probably not really bother me, but my home is only about 5 km from the spot in question so I tend to enjoy flying over this area.

Please note the houses are only about 30 m above the ground so can only see them when flying low.

Thanks in advance if you can help

What happens if you make the adjustments to the settings on the ground before takeoff as you have mentioned, but then save the flight and start the flight again from the saved flight. Do they then appear in the right place.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Thanks to everyone for the reply\

I have included the two screenshots taken before and after. All I changed was the mesh resolution from 5 m to 10M

Posted Image

Posted Image

The location is

Lat S36 37.5

Lon E174 42.55

I then quit FSX reloaded from North Shore airfield which is only a minute or so from the flying houses, entered the set up from the runway. Made the same change as above (Mesh from 5m – 10m, flew to the offending spot, sure enough the houses were flying.

I dont think I have any other scenery add ons I did have vectorland class but i uninstalled it when NZNI was released

Thnanks again if you can help

Bob

EGAD....out of curiosity I thought I would check this area as I had not been there yet...and I have the identical problem...and also its that exact same houses in the exact same position.

While I have seen at times random houses floating (the FSX issue), this is sort of weird as it not random, its exactly the same as the OP.

I will have to try a reboot and see what happens. I do not have resources issues. I'm running with 5m mesh also.

Ah....here is something interesting I went from full screen mode to windowed mode and minimized my fsx to type the above message and when I maximized the window (to windowed mode) the houses settled to the ground. Never seen this before.

B.t.w. switching between maximalized windowed and full screen mode during flight can cause strange effects.

I did it once 'just for fun' but after returning to windowed mode I was definitely still flying, but my plane including cockpit had completely disappeared.

The scenery was normal, but controlling the airplane had become a little inconvenient...

Cheers

-Fred-

Yes chaps I have the same issue, just take off from North shore runway 3 and head to the Peninsula and bingo lot's of residence on the wacky backy. If I fly beyond and then back things seem to have settled a bit, but as soon as I head towards it from as far away as the North Shore airport they are all up in the air again.

I have my mesh set & 10 metres, I did try reducing my autogen from very dense to dense and then normal all that does is reduce the number of floaters to about 30.

My avitar is a photo of my computer, as you can see it's a bit of a dog. However I have found no other area with this problem except one at Napier I think it was, and the South Island no problem. I love my autogen at very dense there is just so much to see.

Cheers, Kevin

The manual specifies 5-10m for a variety of reason, many related to proper display of airports especially payware, so I leave it at 5 over all but I see they recommend 10 for New Zealand as its native mesh level.

Archived