New Zealand

John York

No wonder New Zealand was favoured by so many who emigrated from England after WW2. I've now flown the whole length of both Islands and just can't get over how like Great Britain it is.

Mind you the weather on my last leg; Auckland to Kaitaia left a lot to be desired. Heavy rain, thunderstorms with lightening and thunder in equal measure and dark grey clouds down to 1,500' in places....yes, erm, just like Britain when you come to think of it.

I know its been said before but I truly think this is Orbx finest scenery to date. But it is so like Britain. Just on the other side of the world is all.

John

Come and see it for real and good chance you won't want to leave......That is what happened with me.

My first trip to NZ was in 2008 and I spent 3 months touring it. I loved it so much that when I returned to Toronto, Canada, I worked to save to move here. Immigration was straight forward and I have been living here for almost 2 years now. I wake up every morning and look at the landscape and most days I still can't believe I am here, but there is no place else I would rather be.

One thing I have learned is where ever it is in the world you want to go to retire......move their by the time you turn 45 so you can spend the next 20 years working and paying off your mortgage to retire there. This is better then working your entire life, then retire, and then move to the place you saved money to go to. Why do that when you can just go and enjoy it sooner.

Cheers :D

Come and see it for real and good chance you won't want to leave......That is what happened with me.

I'm afraid to go there because I know i won't come home to Ireland.

Have family and friends out there already so know a good deal about the place.

I'd never come home again.

Plus I'd be used to the weather too lol, lot of green there so very like Ireland.

Planning on seeing it in the future Matthew as will be cruising Oz and New Zealand in 2015 and getting married over there. Have to make do with Orbx till then!

Let me know when you make it to Wellington and I will take you for a pint at the Foxglove....the best view of the harbour from there.

Let me know when you make it to Wellington and I will take you for a pint at the Foxglove....the best view of the harbour from there.

Cheers Matthew you are most definately on...but I must insist on getting the first round in! Cruise takes in all of the main sounds and I am particularly looking forward to Milford.

Ah, you fella's havn't seen it in summer yet. Remember too, you will Rugby World Cup holders. And for raw, untouched beauty don't forget to come here, Taranaki (or The Naki as it is now called).

Jim

I know its been said before but I truly think this is Orbx finest scenery to date. But it is so like Britain. Just on the other side of the world is all.

John

Except for the mountains and fjords John. ;) My mum and dad brought us out from England in 1948 and I'm so thankful they did. This is a great little country well out of the way of the rest of the mad world. And which no other country really takes any notice of.Posted Image:)

'Except for the mountains and fjords John'

Nah.

We've got mountains and fjords too Ben Nevis and Snowdon being only two, but the areas around them together with the highlands and Lake District are so truly beautiful. And our fjords are called Lochs of which there are plenty.

Stll, I'm glad you like/love your adopted Country but having traveled extensively around the world although not New Zealand or Australia unfortunately, I don't think I could exchange anywhere for Britain even with its problems.

John

'Except for the mountains and fjords John'

Nah.

We've got mountains and fjords too Ben Nevis and Snowdon being only two, but the areas around them together with the highlands and Lake District are so truly beautiful. And our fjords are called Lochs of which there are plenty.

Stll, I'm glad you like/love your adopted Country but having traveled extensively around the world although not New Zealand or Australia unfortunately, I don't think I could exchange anywhere for Britain even with its problems.

John

As an Aussie who spent four wonderful years in the UK John (met my pommie wife there) I totally understand how you feel. The scenery, countryside and most of all , the people make it a jewell in the global crown. I'm fortunate enough to visit every couple of years. I am so looking forward to the Orbx treatment of the UK.

Archived