5.30AM. Meet you there. Darrington to Skagit

boetie

Arranged to meet a few mates at Darrington pre dawn (it was cold!) as my uncle had given me the keys to his Lancair, we were taking a short trip to the coast to deliver my uncle's plane to his business partner and he offered me the opportunity to deliver .I met Frankie the security guard at the gate and waited for my mates (Steve, Fiona and Dario) to arrive - they were a little tipsy and had obviously been partying the night before - but they remembered their golf clubs

( I don't think they had been to bed yet) and I must say I wasn't too pleased as I had been off the grog for a couple of days in preparation for this short trip....!

Posted Image

Climbed out and already Dario is looking green - headed towards Concrete as Fiona has a cousin there and I wanted to show her her cousin's patch from AGL 2500ft

Posted Image

Headed up the valley and my passengers are starting to annoy me with their drunken bravado!

Posted Image

Spot some potential turbulence and head straight for it, this should shut them up!

Posted Image

It's gone very quiet behind now, lucky we have barf bags supplied!

Posted Image

They don't seem to be handling this, come on guys look at that view, Fiona! Is that your cousin's house?

Posted Image

Ooh look, let's take her up into that fluffy cloud.....

Posted Image

Relax people! Enjoy! the worst is over, we are running short of bags... we'll cruise down to the coast

Posted Image

Hey look guys - we can see the sea from here (it's getting kinda smelly in here)

Posted Image

Half an hour and you'll have your Mcdonalds!

Posted Image

Hang in there, nearly down

Posted Image

This was a bad idea

Posted Image

Touchdown...and in time for Maccas breakfast

Archived