YCIN Curtin tree on taxiway

spud

Hi Spud,

just did a lil check at my end, but I'm not seeing the dreaded tree on the taxiway :unsure:

attached 2 screenies how it looks on my end

post-152-0-16385100-1339014043_thumb.jpg

post-152-0-94132100-1339014059_thumb.jpg

make sure you have all the updates and patches up to date and installed, in case off , re-install the latest library files and switch back to fsX default and than back to NA see if that brings any change, also check for other 3rd party scenery files that could affect the area.

Wolter,

I was afraid of that. I just installed Fitzroy Crossing from OZx yesterday, followed by a re-installation of the latest library so other than Possibly Fitzroy being the culprit I will pull that scenery and see what happens. And FWIW I always select Default and apply first whenever I switch areas with FTX Central. Then select the area I need and apply it.

Wolter,

I found the problem (sort of) If I set my autogen to normal the tree disappears. Any setting higer will cause it to reappear. Seems strange to me but after disabling Fitzroy including deleting all its files from the sim no change. I even tried diabling all my addon scenery listed above FTX in the FSX Scenery Library (120 entries), moved TongassX above FTX, turned TongassX off nothing helped except moving the autogen slider to 'normal'. Go figure.

:-[

Agree, it is most strange. The only other thing I added was Launceston freeware from ORBX to check on the PAPI lights for teecee. Of course that is an auto installer and I am not sure of how to remove the files completely.

FYI I have reinstalled Fitzroy and activated all the scenery in my FSX Scenery Library and with the AG slider at Normal the tree is gone but returns when I set it higher. ???

At least I'm not alone in the tree problem which makes me feel better. And if I increase the autogen higer than Dense I do get a few more trees in the way as in Dieter's post elsewhere.

Tim,

the tree anomaly is autogen, if I set autogen to Normal or less the tree disappears from Curtin anything higher will cause trees to pop up on the taxiway. Wolter has his slider full right and does not see the trees but others have them showing the same as I do.

Hi Spud, yes its one of those custom autogen trees that follow the roads in the AU regions, this is something that cannot be simply excluded and actually requires Holger to tweak the road network in that particular place to change the road type to a non-tree-bearing type

Changing the autogen slider level will sometimes cure it for some people

Cheers

Tim

• 10 months later...

Archived