No Rooftop snow in NZSI

cloudbase

Hiya, sure, I think I am right in saying that will be the case. 'SnowFlow' is a new feature that has been added following the release of NZSI and only recently to Orbx's US airports. It may be something that will be added in an update, unsure about that.

Hello Cloudbase,

That is perfectly normal, Autogen building roofs do not turn white in winter, and at present I do not see this changing unless Lockheed pulls something out of the hat with P3D

The 'Snowflow' that you first saw at 2W3 and then again at CZST is a different system employed on custom models, and switched automatically with our Objectflow tech depending on the time of the year

Cheers

Tim

Exactly! The houses in the winter would have their heat on, and so the snow on the roof, unless in a month long sub-zero deep freeze with blizzard conditions, would be all melted away. At least that is the case here in good old Minnesota.

"good insulation" aside, I just know what I know from living here for the last 27 years...lol Very rarely do our rooftops have any amount of accumulated snow, with the exception of about 2 years ago. Which was when the temps were going up and down with a mixture of rain, causing a thick layer of ice to form on all the rooftops, which then allowed for snow to pile up on them...that was a pretty damaging year for home owners.

Good insulation should keep that from happening, even more so in Minnesota.

For the most part we don't have insulation in New Zealand. When it is 5 degrees Celsius outside the house then it is 7 degrees inside the house.

People are starting to get into insulation recently, but no where near the kind of stuff you have in North America. We are a hardy nation...

Cheers :D

For the most part we don't have insulation in New Zealand. When it is 5 degrees Celsius outside the house then it is 7 degrees inside the house.

People are starting to get into insulation recently, but no where near the kind of stuff you have in North America. We are a hardy nation...

Cheers :D

Sounds like a UK summer Matt :D

Archived