Codeguard & Email obfuscation

Jay Kae

In the wake of some nasties on the Net in the last couple of weeks, I have now implemented Codeguard which protects the databases and website 24/7 taking backups every 30 minutes and as a general security measure all email addresses you do not have to hide anymore.

so say test@test.com you as a human being will see this as test@test.com, bot crawlers or harvesting machinada will see it as a scrambled unreadable code.

Of course all this to up the security by another step and keeping up with modern technology :)

I would say enjoy but... to you nothing changes.

Keep up the good work J.K. It's much appreciated. It's just a fact of life that the internet has become a very unsafe place but thanks to

people like yourself we can all breath a little easier. I don't know how you ever get time to yourself.

Thanks again.

Kevin.

I don't think any of us truely understand everything that you do and everything that always takes place behind the scenes. Your work and quality of service is really second to none Jay. Thank you for doing just that! Keep up the great work!

Jay I was recently reading the iFly forums coinciding with the release of their feature pack. One of the members mentioned that he didn't use either an anti-virus program or firewall. This, being somewhat unconventional, elicited a number of queries. It was explained that most nasties were drawn to protected, rather than unprotected, computers. Another opined he relied upon the router to provide protection.

I would be grateful if you could comment as I find this an interesting proposition and intellectual diversion.

The router can provide you with some protection but I swear by kaspersky ISS Pure, they have never let me down but there is always one golden rule.. if they want to get in... they will get in .. that is why backing up properly is so important. May I recommend Acronis or Norton Ghost :)

Many thanks for your reply JK.

I do run payware anti-virus and anti-malware programs. I do also own Acronis as well as Casper and hard drives are cheap these days. I 'hide' behind a router and software firewall. My download folder is on the desktop rather than its usual position. However you are right. If they want you they will get you..

Archived