FORUM MAINTENANCE COMPLETED

Jay Kae

This forum maintenance is a biggie, it is an upgrade of a lot of services to the latest version, many mods that have been applied to the forums I have tried to pre-empt the behaviour in the sandbox so that nothing breaks in the transition, however, there is always Mr Murphy so I will try to keep your inconvenience to a minimum but until I set this topic to 'resolved' I will not be done, maintenance will start approximately 11 hours from the timestamp of this post

Jay Kae,

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but here is a personal message which was blocked from transmission which is self explanatory -

"Hi Jay Kae,

Just to let you know I am unable to access the forums via any other means than 'viewing new content' which I have bookmarked.

When in the 'viewing new content' page I click on the 'forums' link, and when on the 'Orbx Support' site I click on the 'visit forums' link I receive this message on a white browser page -

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeNameFormatted() in /home/jaykae/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_boards.php on line 44

- which effectively locks me out of posting a new subject - hence this message is my only means of contact - I wanted to ask the administrative question in a friendly way of why it appears that I am the only member who has underneath my logo 'picture' the annotation "0 Warning Points" - and does this have any bearing on my inability to post.

Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to understand the mechanics of this new fangled comm system we call the internet.

Cheers, Bill"

Hoping this can be sorted out - Thankyou

I seem to be having a problem with all the forums. They all show new content or new posts with the bullet on the left side of every thread. I can click mark this forum as read, the bullets disappear and the main page icon on the left is clear. Open the forum and every thing has a bullet on the left again.

Makes it a bit hard to determine what is new and unread??

Now that the maintenance has finished I do not have any problems with all the posts showing new content any longer. I had already cleared, the cache, cookies and history from my browser which did not solve the problem but it is gone now so I'm back to kibbitzing once again!

Thanks Jay, as always yer blood is worth bottling!

:P

I have an issue using the fast reply box at the bottom of threads. I can type a reply but clicking the "post" button does nothing. I have to select the "more reply options" button and then it allows me to post. Using Chrome and admittedly have not tried other browsers.

Simple, cookies and cache aren't cleared, so clear those and clear your temp files, log out and log back in, when you come back and the issue still occurs, hit F5 and it should all be fine :)

When I type something into the reply box under each topic or post and then hit "Post new topic" nothing happens, but if I click on "Reply to topic" at the top of the page, then type into the box that opens and then submit it it works, is it me?

<p>Hi Jay - I seem to be having a problem replying to posts. I get the raw text editor (not the full and no apparent option to change back) and when I try to post it wont process. I know you have been (are) doing changes - just wondering if this is a temporary side effect?? or me or something else??

The only way I can reply is to hit the advanced reply options button then go from there.

Starting a thread seems fine.

Rgds

Mark

cookies and cache aren't cleared, so clear those and clear your temp files, log out and log back in, when you come back and the issue still occurs, hit F5 and it should all be fine

In your case as well, see the little switch to the top left of the quick editor ? to the left of the Remove format tool that looks like an eraser ? Flick it :) It works miracles :)

Archived