The Cub or the Scout?

rockliffe

A2A are doing a wonderful job with all their kites and Accusim, and the Cub is lovely.

Since nobody mentioned it I should add the excellent Digital Aviation Dornier DO-27: though it is a port from FS9 so that the texturing is a bit convoluted and hard to manage in FSX for repaints it still looks very good, she flies very realistically with nice effects, and is a beautiful STOL bush kite. It also has some maintenance features that are nice, and even clean squashed mosquitos from the plexiglas...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Stefan... I seem to have everything working quite nicely at the moment (using just the throttle 1 and throttle 2 axes in fsx and everything else through FSUIPC)... So I'm good to go, however it might be good to compare my config to yours to see if I have something odd in there. I would prefer to use all axes through FSUIPC, but at least it's working for the moment!

Hi Rob,

I was visiting Poland for the last few weeks, but I'm home now. I'll send you a PM about the config. Apologies for the delay.

-stefan

• 1 month later...

Don't forget to grab the 1.1 update from their forum, it adds some nice features like being able to paddle the pontoon versions across the water. They don't update their executables, you have to download and install yourself.

Ah, handy. Thanks Bruce, I'll head over there now, cheers.

Now the big question.......are you going to get the Scout next ?

I know you mentioned how much you like the Sibwings Birddog, it's also one you my favorite planes.

I just got the Sibwings Safir, it is every bit as good as the birddog.

A while ago I made an updated paint kit for the Scout 2007 package with individual PSDs for the Scout, Citabria and Decathlon. I have given it to Rob and Sean and they said they wanted to post it in their site. I don't think they got around to doing it as they were busy with their projects. I know the Scout is quite a few years old now but as others have said it still holds its value quite well despite it's age. If any of you repainters want the updated paint kit, just holler at me in a PM.

Cheers

TJ

And be nice to Heidi, Howard. She always asks me if we're about to crash. I wonder what that's supposed to mean. >:D

Not quite sure what my wife is going to say CoolP. Think I'll keep my new girlfriend a secret...

Aye I see you got the Cub Howard it sure is a good choice and you have fun with it mate.

cheers

Iain

Yep, really having a lot of fun in her Iain. Keep a look out for more screenies matey!

Now the big question.......are you going to get the Scout next ?

I know you mentioned how much you like the Sibwings Birddog, it's also one you my favorite planes.

I just got the Sibwings Safir, it is every bit as good as the birddog.

I think the Scout will have to wait a little longer. No doubt my pennies will have to part from my wallet in the very near future with the release of more Orbx sceneries :D

Archived