Follow the River - CRM Style

John Lovell

Is that the Snake River you're following? Or farther west along the Columbia River? Either way, very nice pictures of a great flight!

Great shots! I'll have to do some more flying in CRM as I didn't recognize quite a few of those landmarks.

Another stunner set here John, keep them coming and like Alex, I'd also like to know where these shots were taken, thanks buddy :)

Thanks for your comments guys. This has been a really enjoyable flight.

I think a real sure way of seeing everything, is to follow a river downstream, stopping off at hidden airstrips, changing planes. You really get to see all the scenery from the Canyons, prairies, desert, mountains and all the hidden gems, windfarms!

Shots #1 and #2 are indeed on the Snake River, Burbank which then goes into the Columbia river. nearest airport is Tri-Cities airport KPSC

Flying further south in shots #3 and #4 are the windfarms. Cant exactly remember where they are but you will find them if you follow the river down stream. There are many more windfarms along the river!

Shots #5, #6 and #7 are at McNary dam on the Columbian river. Nearest airport is Hermiston Muni KHRI. Just fly north from this airport

Here's a couple of bonus shots slightly more downstream :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beautiful flight, fine captures, John. 8) Had heard on Oregon Public Radio a few weeks ago that on one day of big winds recently

that the wind turbines in the state produced as much energy as 4 nuclear power plants could in the same amount of time. Impressive!

Beautiful flight, fine captures, John. 8) Had heard on Oregon Public Radio a few weeks ago that on one day of big winds recently

that the wind turbines in the state produced as much energy as 4 nuclear power plants could in the same amount of time. Impressive!

Wow!...thats pretty awesome!!

Great that you have local knowledge of these areas, of course your home town. You must be very lucky to have all this scenery for real on your back door. Looks amazing through Orbx.

Good thing about Orbx, is they are also like geography teachers. I would not know most things about these places and cultures if it wasnt for their amazing sceneries.

Thanks for your comment :)

Great pics John, enjoyed those!

And yes it is also a geography lesson for us too, I would have not known about this amazing part of the world if I had not been involved with creating the region packs, CRM is chock full of neat little additions, glad people are finding them, plenty more still :)

Archived