SAC Bella Coola P3D

Wolf2grey

Finally got Prepar3D installed and this is a screen from my first flight out of Bella Coola. I got nVidia Inspector running and all SBSL's running. Also ported over a couple of SAC planes. Now I just need REX. Anyone know how to install REX.....

Posted Image

Hi Greywolf,

Cant help you there , not installed yet. I understand there is a higher resolution mesh included .Does the default scenery look better. Also I have heard that the scaling is improved . What do you think so far ?

. Anyone know how to install REX

Wolf2Grey - found this on another site - haven't tried it so can't vouch for it:

"just copy the Control xml from User\user\Roaming\Appdata\FSX\..Controls folder into the equivalent folder in Lockheed Martin. While you're at it, copy over your dll and exe.xml file then all your plug ins and start up applications such as REX will get on with the job."

Hi Greywolf,

Cant help you there , not installed yet. I understand there is a higher resolution mesh included .Does the default scenery look better. Also I have heard that the scaling is improved . What do you think so far ?

Hey alan2,

I noticed everything a lot "sharper" looking. And I think you are correct. The scaling does seem to look better. I think the default scenery does look better. I think once P3D v2 comes out, this thing will ROCK. Just testing the waters for now. I linked P3D to my same FSX nVidia Inspector file and then it started looking real good. I did have to turn on the bathymetry. I think it was hitting the FPS a little too much for me but that is no big deal. There is still lots of ships and such. Just changes the water back to standard FSX. I think REX will make it look awesome again though. Probably go back to FSX for a while today for a couple of hop flights. Miss my airports.

Thank you . I dont use Nvidea Inspector , no need . Using i7.2600k + GTX580 pretty much vanilla and things are fine .

The main thing I use Inspector for is to FORCE ON - Vertical Sync. I do not like the vertical "rips" in the screen when flying. I cannot do it in the regular nVidia driver. I have tried mulitple different ways to remove it but no good.

I find the AA works much better with nVidia Inspector too. With regular nVidia setup, I still get Aliasing pretty bad but with Inspector, its all but gone.

The main thing I use Inspector for is to FORCE ON - Vertical Sync. I do not like the vertical "rips" in the screen when flying. I cannot do it in the regular nVidia driver. I have tried mulitple different ways to remove it but no good.

My "vert sync forced on" fixes a horizontal wave in the picture which moves slowly from bottom screen to top, whereas to remove vertical tears , dark or blue flashes, stuttering and shimmering, and artifacts I "optimize" my bufferpools number, which is a process of changing the number up or down to find the best value to suit the hardware.

I've found that each individual PC setup, and indeed each individual card usually has a different bufferpools number which works best, eg one GTX590 does well in the 130 thousand range, while another in the 150 thou, whilst the paired GTX580's are as smooth as I could wish with a B'pools =0. I first noticed this phenomenon while testing three different GTX460's across different PC's.

Hey All,

I agree, I would still like to see P3D v2 but thought for the Academic Price I would jump in and check it out. Hell, I copied all my Carenado Plane folders right in to the P3D Simobject folder and BAM, they were ALL there. Every plane that I have copied over so far are working fine. I got a few more screenies on my rig at home. Gonna post a few more later this evening when home from work. So far, I like the look though. My ONLY problem is I cannot get REX to work yet but it will not be long. Will probably start back on FSX today for a while...I miss my 2W3 Swanson and other Payware airports.

Archived