Anacortes and Skagit - Performance

Frankie_2

Hello guys,

I was wondering about how good/bad the FPS will be if I buy Skagit and Anacortes.

Can someone post his experiences?

Here's my system:

Mein System: Core 2 Duo E7400 2x 2.80GHz Processor, 4096MB RAM, 640GB HDD, NVidia GeForce GT 220, Vista 64-Bit.

Well Skagit on my system, which is just a shy bit better than yours, runs pretty smoothly. However, Anacortes is a beast!!!! I don't fly often around Anacortes or if I do I have to be at or around 3500 ft to get decent performance. With Skagit however, in my opinion, you won't have too badly of a performance hit! :)

I have Skagit, but not Anacortes, and even on my 4 year old system it runs smoothly and stays sharp with reasonable settings. I have avoided purchasing Anacortes as it is pretty close to Skagit and I think the two combined will really pull my system down. I would suggest you start with Skagit and see how things are with it before jumping into Anacortes as well.

I have Skagit, but not Anacortes, and even on my 4 year old system it runs smoothly and stays sharp with reasonable settings. I have avoided purchasing Anacortes as it is pretty close to Skagit and I think the two combined will really pull my system down. I would suggest you start with Skagit and see how things are with it before jumping into Anacortes as well.

I have both and do not have any issues. Altough they are close you have to fly at least 15-20 minutes to the other airport. It is not that they are literally side by side.

Thank your for the answers!

I think I'll get Skagit, Isreals Farm and Conrete or so, should be a nice addition to Darrington...

Funny, of all the airports mentioned, for me the "snallest" (Israels Farm) has the most impact on performance (with all the options ticked). But still flyable without problems.

BTW the Sys specs in my signature ar not up to date. I have upgraded my systems since then.

Wolfgang

Gtx 460 Quad cpu Q6600 2.4 ghz.

I just picked up these two last week. At first with everything turned on I was stuttering but the scenery is amazing!!!! Went into control panel of fsx and Ftx and turned things down a notch and get around 9-18 fps depending what direction I am facing. Even with the challenge these two aiports and country side give my system I have gotten it to a level I can still fly and enjoy just by tweaking it a bit. They have really captured the country side in these two packages. The other night I just sat my aircraft on the hill side and watched the sun go down in this area...magical to say the least.

Jim

Sure, Anacortes is great scenery, but I really think it's being slightly economical with the facts to suggest in any way that it's not a frame gobbler. In my own experience, out of all my Orbx scenery, Anacortes and Harvey field are the two heaviest on performance. Running at dense AG I get about 25 frames in the VC at the end of the runway at Anacortes and about the same at Harvey field, maybe a little less, which is not a deal breaker in itself, but what makes it less acceptable are the blurries and odd stutter that are encountered over the urban sprawl right next to the runway. As has been suggested, the vicinity of Skagit does not help, which BTW I agree with iflgary is in itself a pretty OK performer, but it must also be remembered that the two sceneries are in the dreaded Seattle vicinity, which of course brings it's own problems to the equation.

I really like both.

With my system both Anacortes and Skagit run OK.

The Deception Pass bridge, oil refinery, and marinas that come with Anacortes really add to the realism of the area. I'm still looking forward to a patch that will add working glideslope lights at Anacortes though.

Sure, Anacortes is great scenery, but I really think it's being slightly economical with the facts to suggest in any way that it's not a frame gobbler. In my own experience, out of all my Orbx scenery, Anacortes and Harvey field are the two heaviest on performance. Running at dense AG I get about 25 frames in the VC at the end of the runway at Anacortes and about the same at Harvey field, maybe a little less, which is not a deal breaker in itself, but what makes it less acceptable are the blurries and odd stutter that are encountered over the urban sprawl right next to the runway. As has been suggested, the vicinity of Skagit does not help, which BTW I agree with iflgary is in itself a pretty OK performer, but it must also be remembered that the two sceneries are in the dreaded Seattle vicinity, which of course brings it's own problems to the equation.

My experience exactly. I thought I had a problem with my installs of the addon A/P's as flying from Diamond Point to Jefferson County was about as smooth as it gets for me. Then I hop over to Harvey, Skagit, Anacortes area and the stutters prevail, then I fly back over to Cushman Meadows and Bear Gulch and all is well again. I guess too many high detail A/P's in an area does put a load on the hardware, and Seattle is notorious for that even in a stock FSX install. I keep turning off options but can't find a sweet spot. The only other problem addon A/P I have is PAKT. The rest run close to stutter free. The regional areas where no or few addon A/P's are available run virtually stutter free everywhere I go within the boundaries. I also note that the smaller strips like the free CEJ4 and CEN4 present no problem at all.

Archived