VancouverPlus version 3 now available

marshkop

WOW! That was fast. Thanks!

After loggin into my account, the old one is still there.

Hey DJ, just download the retail V3 and there will be no charge. When you get to the product page there are instructions to do so.

Installed today as "default". Read the instructions; then switch the FTX Central to NA and set the insertion point of the Van files ABOVE ORBX scenery files, as it is an enhancement for the Vancouver area. Looks beautiful, but my laptop is just crawling... :(

Very nice upgrade. However, I wish it was smoother. Even locked at 25fps, it's still stutters when panning.

Also, I don't hear ATC saying "Vancouver Approach," just approach. Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE: When I disable Vancouver, the ATC issue goes away. I'll wait patiently for a fix. Thanks!

Very nice upgrade. However, I wish it was smoother. Even locked at 25fps, it's still stutters when panning.

Also, I don't hear ATC saying "Vancouver Approach," just approach. Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE: When I disable Vancouver, the ATC issue goes away. I'll wait patiently for a fix. Thanks!

yep I agree its a jerker for sure, but at least its done and mabey Jon will try to make it a little more fps friendly. As for the ATC I havent even heard it yet...mmm...

It adds a ton of buildings to downtown Vancouver and markedly improves the entire vancouver area including a bit south of Vancouver all the way up to Whistler and a bit beyond. It also improves floatplane bases and adds a bazillion heliports. If you have any specific areas you'd like to see a comparison shot, I could probably whip some up.

As far as Prepar3D, it currently does not support it. I have spoken with the authors though and it's being considered.

-stefan

I would highly recommend it! It really improves the area, and it's really well done.

-stefan

Edit: Disclaimer - I'm on the beta team but I'm not paid anything. It's a legitimate recommendation because I really do think it's a great scenery package, I just realized that I should probably mention that.

bought it, mixed feeling. ok it adds nice stuff, but the compromise is too steep for me in terms of reducing the graphical options to get something flyable compared to a normal orbx airport, having a 990x oc 4.5 + ssd + geforce 580gtx this is poorly optimized. Also in hard winter I still get a green scenery around the detailled airport. is this normal? etienne

As far as Prepar3D, it currently does not support it. I have spoken with the authors though and it's being considered.

I really hope they will make it P3D compatible, FSX isn't exactly giving me the frame rate to actually be able to fly there.

As far as performance goes, a few people reported that disabling detailed marinas made a marked difference. Also make sure that you have the scenery order correct in the scenery library, or else you could have some severe frame rate issues. If neither of those work, post in the fsaddon.eu forum. Jon Patch is really good at support and should be able to help you get set up. Most testers were able to make minor tweaks and get great performance without sacrificing detail. A big one might be the scenery library order.

-stefan

As far as performance goes, a few people reported that disabling detailed marinas made a marked difference. Also make sure that you have the scenery order correct in the scenery library, or else you could have some severe frame rate issues. If neither of those work, post in the fsaddon.eu forum. Jon Patch is really good at support and should be able to help you get set up. Most testers were able to make minor tweaks and get great performance without sacrificing detail. A big one might be the scenery library order. -stefan

Hey, thanks, I checked out the things you mentioned, but the scenery was already in the right position and I didn't have the marinas activated. Also put my graphics settings according to the manual and sacrificed my high water settings, which improved it some, but it's still stuttering far too much. Will check out the forums.

thx stefan, I wonder if we spend more time debugging and optmising than simming....

got another "issue", the atc says and writes in the atc window "approach" rather than "vancouver approach". dono if it is a fsx, orbx or fsaddon feature, but it is sort of missing.

Etienne

thx stefan, I wonder if we spend more time debugging and optmising than simming....

got another "issue", the atc says and writes in the atc window "approach" rather than "vancouver approach". dono if it is a fsx, orbx or fsaddon feature, but it is sort of missing.

Etienne

That would be something to bring up in a thread at the fsaddon forum. I don't use FSX atc so I didn't come across that.

-stefan

Archived