NewZealand: NZNV -to- NZNS

Tim Harris

Invercargill to Nelson in the old B377, we had half tanks and about 55 pax, left just after dawn

Right after take-off

Posted Image

Climbing...

Posted Image

Still climbing

Posted Image

Climbing but now building speed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

entering scrub country

Posted Image

Reached cruise at last, set 40-MP and sit back

Posted Image

Snow in the distance

Posted Image

Turned up the temp in the cockpit, was served a coffee and sticky-bun at this point

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Over the mountains

Posted Image

Beginning the descent oh so gradually

Posted Image

Yikes

Posted Image

Nelson in sight!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heading out over sea to bleed more speed and altitude

Posted Image

Keeping an eye on the runway

Posted Image

Coaxing the wheels down

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flaps set

Posted Image

Now dont spill the customers drinks..... ease it around, feather touch, keeping an eye on the G meter

Posted Image

On final!!

Posted Image

And yes landed OK on the numbers, too busy to press V key, I floated a little and in pushing it down we did give the old girl a little bump, but all good eh

Hope you enjoyed

I wonder what its like flying over all your own work ..hmmm...."could of done more there . That bit is perfect " ..etc lol . Cant image the amount of work in it all . Great job Tim.

I thought modeling the B377 was a couragous move by A2A but we are all, for sure, better off for it . Outstanding model .Cheers.

I wonder what its like flying over all your own work ..hmmm...."could of done more there . That bit is perfect " ..etc lol

Good question actually, I find it really hard right after having worked on something, as it brings back too many memories of the long days and nights cramped up annotating and modeling, though I must admit I find it even harder to fly over other companies scenery, call me fussy perhaps :ph34r:

All said here already... but as I really enjoyed this set of pictures very, very much ... and also the narrative around it,Your insight views about Your work and hobby/interest ... and because I am also very thankful that You were sharing Your NVIDIA-settings here, I really want to say:

A GREAT SET of PICTURES!

Archived