High Country Soaring

Cool, averaging about 78.5413333 mph give or take .oooo3 or so !

Aha, I see those cumulousX thermals are there , sure helps . Something I have never tried.( gliding that distance that is )

Thanks for the replies guys!

Cool, averaging about 78.5413333 mph give or take .oooo3 or so !

Aha, I see those cumulousX thermals are there , sure helps . Something I have never tried.( gliding that distance that is )

That's right, cumulusX makes this kind of cross-country flight possible. I only realised recently that when installing cumulusX, in addition to disabling the default fsx thermals .xml file you should also uncheck the thermal and turbulence setting on the FSX weather tab. Maybe I'm just getting better, but I feel like making this small change has made a world of difference for me.

I could have kept going on this flight; although the lift was going down with sun I reckon I could have got to Kosciuszko, but I really had to go to bed!

Ah , interesting Eightmiles , I never realised about disabling the default thermals . Maybe I did ,long time ago now , but i do need to RTFM properly on a few things I have ! It must of been working because I do remember spiking up at 600ft/m in a GA.

Archived