Manapuori to Milford Sound [22]

yallu

Just a little scenic tour from Manapouri to Milford Sound with the new A2A P-40 Accusim.

01. Taking off from Manapouri

Posted Image

02. Relatively green

Posted Image

03. Lake Te Anau

Posted Image

04. Welcome to the Jungle

Posted Image

05. Leaving the lake

Posted Image

06. Cloudy mountain passages ahead

Posted Image

07. They are narrow... Fun but narrow.

Posted Image

08. Detailed rocks here

Posted Image

09. Lake Ada leading to Milford Sound

Posted Image

10. One Milford Sound coming up

Posted Image

11. Huge cliffs - base jumping anyone?

Posted Image

12. There's the airfield

Posted Image

13. This pattern is anything and everything but standard

Posted Image

14. In the envelope - I hope

Posted Image

15. Beautiful lagoonish fjord

Posted Image

16. Not much room for error

Posted Image

17. Tight...

Posted Image

18. Happy landing

Posted Image

19. Taxiing

Posted Image

20. Still taxiing

Posted Image

21. Parked up

Posted Image

22. Same from the other side

Posted Image

Finally, just for fun, I would like to present a challenge. Fly from Milford Sound (NZMF) to the nearby T004 with the A2A P-40 Accusim and FTZ NZ without crashing the plane on landing. I've tried three times and crashed each of them. I think it might be possible (barely), but unbelievably hard. No margin for error at all. So... Did you make or break it?

Finally I made the landing from NZMF to T004 with the P-40. Was just a matter of coming in high enough and not try to line up too early to give yourself some room to maneuver. I did mow down the people standing at the end of the runway, but then again... That's what you get from standing on runway... :) Btw Orbx, why not make the people on PeopleFlow react on threats - like run out of the way screaming in horror... :D

EDIT:

Very nice set. Just got the P40 yesterday. One flight, crashed and burned as I could not get the gear up.

Read the manual and still can't get the thing to go up. Go read it again I guess.

To get started, SHIFT+3 and set the Auto Hydraulics on. When you get more comfortable, use the manual hydraulics pump button on top of stick. Once you got hydraulics, use the two red levers on your left side (8-9 o'clock low) to extract/retract flaps/gear.

To get started, SHIFT+3 and set the Auto Hydraulics on. When you get more comfortable, use the manual hydraulics pump button on top of stick. Once you got hydraulics, use the two red levers on your left side (8-9 o'clock low) to extract/retract flaps/gear.

Thanks. That should work. I'll map the Hydraulics pump with their utility then.

Archived