ENB Mod d3d9.dll crash - Any solutions?

thokle

Hello guys,

my FSX crashes every time if I switch in the menu to change an aicraft or if I want to escape the simulator. Also the sim crashes with complex aircraft respectively scenery. Are there any solutions to solve the problem with the d3d9.dll?

Thanks for the tip with the uiautomation.dll. I have already uninstalled the enb, but without enb it looks very bad. Is there no solution against the CTD with the d3d9.dll or is Acceleration the problem?

I have spent countless hours trying to solve the problem. Assuming we're talking about the same thing then it's not uiautomation.dll related but rather something breaking FSX from within ENB and it's proxy DLL architecture. It can be easily mistaken for uiautomation bug because it happens after some time in the sim when accessing FSX interface, for example opening "save flight" subwindow or accessing menu.

I've tried different ENB versions, enbseries.ini settings, fsx.cfg tweaks, nvidia cards (!), drivers and so on. What's even more important is that it crashes on me only when using heavy FPS planes like NGX. I can provoke d3d9.dll crash with NGX after only 15-20 minutes whereas with low system resources demanding planes like A2A fleet or Katana it is almost impossible for me to get d3d9.dll crash, even with much higher autogen and scenery complexity settings. Maybe if i were to fly 4 hours straight and fiddle with FSX UI every 5 minutes? Who knows.

The problem is we're in dead end with all those cfg tweaks, mods, fps limiters etc. There are numerous threads over at avsim forums concerning ENB crashes. Some end up concluding FPS Limiter is to blame, some recommends particular nvidia driver versions. There are just too many variables (tweaks, mods, external apps) in our FSX environments at this point. What's even worse is that there's no real alternative to our simming software on the horizon ...

odd shot out of the tricks corner, if you have MSI Aferburner installed it is known that it can cause conflicts with the enb active, same applies for the EVGA precision applet as well.

so if you have any of those running with fsX make sure to disable those and see what the result is

My system:

Intel I2500K @ 4,5 GHz

Nvidia GTX560 Ti 2048MB -> Driver: 285.62 -> I control all my AA settings in the nvidia inspector for FSX.

Windows 7 with SP1

I found an enb mod with three different d3d9.dll and now the mod is working. But now I often get blue screens. Today I started a flight with the PMDG NGX at YHBA (Frames set at 75) I had 10 FPS. Then I set the Frames to unlimited and I had 25 FPS. 10 Minutes later I got a blue screen. :(

Here is my FSX.cfg. Sorry for some german words. ;)

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

D3D10=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

See_Self=1

Text_Scroll=1

[sOUND]

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

SOUND_FADER1=0.500000

SOUND_FADER2=0.500000

SOUND_FADER3=0.920000

SOUND_FADER4=0.330000

AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

SOUND=1

SOUND_QUALITY=2

SOUND_LOD=0

UISound=0

AmbientUI=0

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=75

TextureMaxLoad=60

WideViewAspect=True

[Main]

DisablePreload=1

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.70

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

ProcSpeed=17531

PerfBucket=7

HideMenuNormal=0

HideMenuFullscreen=1

Maximized=1

Location=440,130,1480,908,\\.\DISPLAY1

[PANELS]

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

DEFAULT_VIEW=0

QUICKTIPS=0

PANEL_OPACITY=100

PANEL_MASKING=1

PANEL_STRETCHING=1

UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[Weather]

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

MinGustTime=10

MaxGustTime=500

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MinVarTime=5

MaxVarTime=50

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

DynamicWeather=0

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DisableTurbulence=0

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=5

THERMAL_VISUALS=0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

Anisotropic=1

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

HomePageFirstRun=0

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

[TextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

GForce=1,3

FuelPercentage=1,4

[TextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

GForce=2,3

FuelPercentage=2,4

[slewTextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

[Trusted]

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PZL-104_Wilga\bin\pzl_104.DLL.aotblauelewkururrqkuioochbkalehreirutwhk=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\EH101.DLL.qeknobhbawcbarqintwuzcqktlwloroihlrezeze=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YWOL\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YWOL.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBAS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YBAS.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Hobbs.GAU.icwzhlnqwulcbiqrbtaetcnteiqterhooobzkcil=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\orbsnd.DLL.caueqzbrnlienkhbnilkkecohzlzlwubqnkcqkab=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_7S3\Scenery\ObjectFlow_7S3.dll.eahirlwntrbqqreleehhcocwcetwwiztawnnnkeb=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCMW\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KCMW.dll.eahirlwntrbqqreleehhcocwcetwwiztawnnnkeb=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_2WA1\Scenery\Objectflow_2WA1.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_1WA6\Scenery\ObjectFlow_1WA6.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBVS\Scenery\Objectflow_KBVS.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_74S\Scenery\ObjectFlow_74S.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_W52\scenery\ObjectFlow_W52.dll.eahirlwntrbqqreleehhcocwcetwwiztawnnnkeb=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_S43\Scenery\ObjectFlow_S43.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_0S9\scenery\Objectflow_0S9.dll.heulkrwtellurlioihkieleqkqniceubkkbbuhtc=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.eloauribholcqthlukkctcwlnukuelkolbhzlwzk=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.krboohzcaznhzozcohhibcewqewcekqcbzorrazc=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.oqczhqrozailrlwzreikinraeeklhntztounlibc=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.zkbqaeeazrbatihqtowqiwtqueehllnuehbikwkn=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.tinbhobaqzzqwqceclatzalezukhcwhbktrceleu=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.cozeezwhtcchhnwchkiazlhzbcawbbruarbbluir=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll.ctecolzbetnneathlcaurnktzettiouwwtoicwaa=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3/panel\A2A_PiperJ3s.DLL.itkboklietheornoqitobazrnkaolkhnahreqlrb=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3/panel\A2A_PiperSound.DLL.ziekzrllrbtqibckwibzkhlhriurkrlrbezrcubz=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.nnbuwubtbernnniqkciowwlztwrqwqlkiwobbztq=1

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.rniewqtnihibhbbbzqeazhnenibahalulcburtuk=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.hrtzhhenwubqheateilzcllllzwcnurwiozabluc=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.zqqzkzbelhkkiqqnhhinzbetwkrzkcaubiwkirnn=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.euhlnuawkqotaluorutblabwwirktaoribrlzraq=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.okhziikrrrhhrlikqroqrbqhokwulecncohtkzhi=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.twonobczwruenrtbktkibakrzikhuwcnwtwzeiqq=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.iuielwtnlebrwriiilqhhrlkqquqlzqunzcillih=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Virtavia_Sound.GAU.alzhokachnkneniabhlwolhwitwiqkwhuczbuzar=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Flight1_BN2_kln90a.GAU.owqtrqlkkuzhrebatqwnwikwriowulkhkiuozacl=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\A2A_PiperJ3s.DLL.itkboklietheornoqitobazrnkaolkhnahreqlrb=2

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\A2A_PiperSound.DLL.ziekzrllrbtqibckwibzkhlhriurkrlrbezrcubz=2

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]

VirtualCopilotActive=0

[uSERINTERFACE]

PageID=1

OpenATCOnCreate=0

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1

PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM

Map_Orientation=2

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1

SelectAircraftManufacturer=Boeing

SelectAircraftPublisher=Alle

SelectAircraftType=Alle

DisplayFuelAsWeight=0

[ATC]

ShowATCText=1

COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840

AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1

UsePilotVoice=1

PilotVoice=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]

CycleSetting=0

[sCENERY]

MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=2

LENSFLARE=0

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=16

GADensity=16

FreewayDensity=16

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0

LeisureBoatsDensity=0

IFROnly=0

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=25

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=4

[AContain]

ShowLabels=1

ShowUserLabel=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabelTailNumber=1

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelAirline=1

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=1

ShowLabelFlightPlan=1

ShowLabelContainerId=0

ShowLabelAirspeed=1

ShowLabelHeading=1

LabelDelay=1000

LabelColor=FFFF0000

[iNTERNATIONAL]

ASLAT=3

ASLON=0

MEASURE=0

[REALISM]

PFactor=1.000000

Torque=1.000000

GyroEffect=1.000000

CrashTolerance=1.000000

General=1.000000

UnlimitedFuel=False

TrueAirspeed=False

AutoCoord=False

RealMixture=True

StressDamage=False

GEffect=False

ManualLights=True

GyroDrift=False

CrashWithDyn=False

CrashDetection=False

AutoTrim=False

AllowEngineDamage=False

[sIM]

SYSCLOCK=1

[sTARTUP]

DEMO=0

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

STARTUP_DEMO=

LoadWindow=1

[FACILITIES]

COUNTRY=New Zealand

STATE=

CITY=

GTL_BUTTON=1232

[Misc]

Com_Rate=7

[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]

SHOW_AIRPORTS=0

SHOW_VORS=0

SHOW_NDBS=0

SHOW_APPROACHES=0

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=0

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

[MAPVIEW_MAP]

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

show_flight_history=1

[FlightPlanMap]

LineWidth=2

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

show_waypoints=1

show_airways=1

show_markers=1

show_volume_boundaries=1

show_ac_twr=1

[DISPLAY.Device.ENB.0]

Mode=1024x768x32

[MULTIPLAYER]

AccoutUsername="thokle"

condAccoutPassword=0

AccoutPassword="(null)"

DefaultLobby="Buschfliegerei"

VoiceVolume=0.660000

WeatherString="Reales Wetter (Aktualisierung)"

[DISPLAY.Device.ENB.0]

Mode=1024x768x32

Is that in the ENBSERIES.ini? I will have a look on this tomorrow. ;)

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.70

I already deleted this entry. But it also doesn´t work.

I have d3d9.dll problem when I am flying with a comlex aircraft for example the PMDG NGX or Carenado etc. with Orbx sceneries. The also comes when I am switching in the menu to change the aircraft or to switch a flightplan.

[DISPLAY.Device.ENB.0]

Mode=1024x768x32

possible conflict here?

Regards Dave

I dont have an entry in my cfg like DISPLAY.Device.ENB.0, in fact I dont even know how you would get the cfg to build an entry for it. I would delete that line and try again.

Also of note, I had an issue a long time ago and noticed that in nHancer I didn't have the HDR setting turned on. Yes, I am still using an older version of enhancer rather than the newest one called inspector, but until I enabled HDR in the enhancer menu I had problems getting the ENB mod to work right.

Thomas, like i wrote on the 4th post, this problem may be unresolvable, IMVHO...

Yes, but in this forum there are some programmers. They might can solve the problem with d3d9.dll file. I think only the windows 7 users have this problem and that the d3d9.dll has only a problem on windows 7 (DirectX 9 was designed for Windows XP!).

try running fsx in compatiblilty mode, right click fsx.exe select compatibilty check select "run this program in compatiblity mode for" select winxpsp3

Paul

Thanks, I will try that. :)

Yes i found a solution that works for me, before leaving fsx or changing aircraft when within the sim SHIFT-F12(turn it off) then back on again when needed.

Thank you. :) I´ve also tried that, but this only works for a limited time then the FSX crashes. :(

sorry to say there must be something else on your system or within fsX that causes your issue, if you disable the enb.ini does the system crash as well after a period of time ?

another option although maybe unrelated is to enlarge the amount of allocated RAM for fsX,

if you use W7 open the command line and enter the following => BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 4096

you must have at least 8G of RAM installed for this to work !

• 6 months later...

I almost stopped flying FSX due to the ENB crashes.

Unfortunately never found a permanent solution for the CTDs, after experimenting a lot.

Finally I gave up using ENB and never had a single CTD since.

I conpensated the contrast enhancement by adjusting gamma through the driver options.

I miss the bloom effects though, but nothing compares to peace of mind!! O0

you can create an almost fake bloom effect with out enb by using shade ( payware ) with these other two free tweaks

/>http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/10000-sunglare-vc-tweak-re-purposing-fsxes-lensflare-effect/

and

/>http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9790-ambient-cloud-lighting-tweak/

The 3 of them combined should add a lot more depth than enb on its own imo.

I almost stopped flying FSX due to the ENB crashes.

Unfortunately never found a permanent solution for the CTDs, after experimenting a lot.

Finally I gave up using ENB and never had a single CTD since.

I conpensated the contrast enhancement by adjusting gamma through the driver options.

I miss the bloom effects though, but nothing compares to peace of mind!! O0

So did I O0

I've acually reinstalled the ENG mod recently and havn't had a CTD yet!

It's great, perhaps it was a bad graphics driver or something. I load the NGX and click on menus multiple time (previously this would cause a crash in a mater of seconds) Very pleased.

If it helps I'm running a 580 using 301.24 - [r301_07-12] NVidia drivers

sorry to say there must be something else on your system or within fsX that causes your issue, if you disable the enb.ini does the system crash as well after a period of time ?

another option although maybe unrelated is to enlarge the amount of allocated RAM for fsX,

if you use W7 open the command line and enter the following => BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 4096

you must have at least 8G of RAM installed for this to work !

Wolter, I'm curious, what is the default setting for FSX, and if I have 16GB of RAM, do you still recommend 4096 (not sure if more than 4096 is better)?

This isn't just a windows 7 thing... It happened to me all the time and I run Vista 64-bit.

Honestly, I went through the same stuff trying to get it to work, but in the end I just couldn't get it stable. Also, for me at least, ENB reduced my FPS drastically... maybe 3 or 4 FPS which is quite noticeable in areas where the frames are lower anyway.

My only "solution" was to simply remove ENB.

I also find that installing Shade 1.02 improves my overall appearance of the sim and it doesn't cause crashes... worth thinking about...

I've actually reinstalled the ENG mod recently and haven't had a CTD yet!

It's great, perhaps it was a bad graphics driver or something. I load the NGX and click on menus multiple time (previously this would cause a crash in a mater of seconds) Very pleased.

If it helps I'm running a 580 using 301.24 - [r301_07-12] Nvidia drivers

Just to add something. I installed the latest 301.42 driver and guess what, crash to desktop.

I uninstalled the 301.42, restarted. I'm not sure if there were 2 drivers in the uninstall programs list previous to removing the 301.42, but now the 301.24 was in the list as well. (Unless it automatically reverted to the previous version?)

Anyway I uninstalled the 301.42. Restarted.

Install the 301.42, select custom and selected CLEAN INSTALL.

Restarted for good measure. Setup my inspector settings and loaded FSX to test. Loaded the NGX and started clicking on Flight planner, map, change date, settings etc. Just one of these items would have crashed FSX a few minutes ago. Success!

Check your drivers, and do a clean reinstall

Archived