My new toy

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

Going from Bear Gulch to Harvey with my new RV-7a (from Bay Tower). As usual with my shots you see more of the scenery then of the plane, but well... ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest J van E

Yes, it's great. I only have to get used to the somehow plastic looks of the VC: the Katana looked more photoreal, so to speak. (Maybe the real RV-7 is more plastic too? I haven't seen many real photo's of it yet. I do know that so far every real life RV-7 looked different.) But everything else is exactly what I've been looking for! I am looking forward too using it in NZSI where there aren't as many airports as in PNW and you sonetimes have to cover longer distances!

Guest J van E

I only have to get used to the somehow plastic looks of the VC: the Katana looked more photoreal, so to speak. (Maybe the real RV-7 is more plastic too? I haven't seen many real photo's of it yet. I do know that so far every real life RV-7 looked different.)

In the meantime I noticed it should be possible to edit the interior to get rid of the purple haze. However, it's more complicated then I thought it would be. But who knows, maybe I can get it done one day.

I also posted in the BayTower forum about the purple color shift. It seemed to first appear when he included the canopy reflections in the last update. If you open the canopy_reflct.dds file you can see the purple canopy reflection color. I tried to correct it but without much success. Maybe you will have better luck. Danny said he would look into it and try to correct it.

Guest J van E

Well, I disabled the reflection completely, so the window is 100% transparent now. I like to have a good view at FTX. ;) I rather have no reflections and tint altogether.

It could be he gave everything that purple tint because of that reflection, I don't know.

Archived