tongass fjords

lthendrix

To add a little bit more to my previous answer, Tongass adds a good bit. It's compatible with PFJ so no issues there. There's some highly detailed airports in there like Sitka and I believe Petersburg. Both are near Ketchikan for bush flying and Alaska Airlines ops. Lots of little towns and unmarked strips. It's a really nice place all in all that caps off PFJ very well.

yes, it's like an ORBX quality mini-region with two Bill Womack detailed Airports, TBH, Sitka is worth the price alone. another nice touch, a lot of the little villages and settlements are little photoreal areas with floatplane docks etc... there are a few smaller airfields as well. Been in love with these sceneries since 2005. once Orbx south-central Alaska fills in the territory previously filled by the freeware Glacier Bay in FS2004, we'll be all set!

Well I have only had time last night after install to fly the approach to sitka mission in fsx and I must say the difference was night and day I think I will be giving the floatplanes a dust off ...... for future fun in this region ... thanks for helping me over my hesitation. !

Stephen I can be .....but since its the giving season I figured I would do my part,supporting the artist that create our sim world. but yeah you're right and when you look who made it BW and HS its a know or no brainer.

Just fly I will be using areosoft beaver carenado 185 amphib and real air scout amphib, but I have read A2a s piper is fantastic I will get it one day. right know I am thinking about carenados jet prop malibu they are working on. thanx for all your feed back I should have done it sooner!

thanx Ken I will try that ...And John I have PFJ and it is awesome and thats the reason I got tongass to expand this area as I could not stand looking at google earth with my kmz files enabled knowing I was missing one of Orbx recommended scenery.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit new to the Orbx products and flying, so sorry to ressurrect a slightly old topic. Can some help me understand how PFJ and Tongasse Fjords X distribute their coverage? Based on the Google Earth .kmz file, I thought PFJ was supposed to cover the area around Petersburg (PSG) where I am particularly interested in doing some flights. However I loaded it up in FSX and this does not look like Orbx type of scenery (yes, I have Orbx activated, own PFJ and PNW with them working elsewhere). In particular the cliffs across the water in front of RWY 5 looked horrible...like default FSX scenery.

So have I misunderstood the coverage region of PFJ? Or is this area one of the weaker in PFJ. I'm likely to pickup Tongass Fjods, but would like to understand the interaction and coverage areas a little better first. Thanks for any help.

I'd first like to say welcome to the Orbx forums ESzczesniak. In order to obtain support for orbx related products, you'll first need to go ahead and add your order # to your signature in your forum profile here (If you bought if from Flight Sim Store it would look like FSS00112233 for example). Then I'm sure one of the developer's will gladly explain or go over some of these questions/concern's. Thanks, and again a big welcome!

ESzczesnia , Petersburg and Wrangell are located north of the PFJ area. You will need Tongass Fjords to get there. Sitka is another land runway included in that package. North of Tongass F is the area now being worked on as an Orbx project- Southern Alaska, noted elsewhere on the forums.

I just wanna second ba43's motion on the Return to Misty Moorings site. RTMM is the perfect complement to PFJ and Tongass X. Essentially, the site provides activities and destinations in those scenery areas, and the means of getting there.

If you think you fancy bush flying, RTMM's the place to go.

I have PNW and PFJ and an year ago I bought Tongass Fjord X but I've read about some issue about water that sometimes can disappear: is it true? Can I install Tongass without problems?

Hi I had no problems installing and have not had any problems with water or anything else. Great program with lots of interesting ai aircraft and boats. Enjoy Howard

Archived