0S9 Jefferson County Intl - First Shots

Welcome to Jefferson County Intl, located in beautiful Port Townsend, Washington!

This airport is well known in the PNW pilot community as the home of the Spruce Goose Cafe, one of the the best spots around for a $100 hamburger; or better yet, one of their legendary slices of pie! Also located on the field is the Port Townsend Aero Museum (home to a wide variety of classic GA aircraft), Tailspin Tommy's maintenance shop, and a multitude of hangars built over the last 70 years - each with its own unique character.

In fact, that's what makes J-Co (as the locals call it) so special: it's character. This is an airport absolutely brimming with personality; where classic aircraft are the rule instead of the exception, hangar stories are still told with gusto, and the mystique of aviation hangs heavy in the air. It is a pilot's airport - the place to go for fly-in BBQs in the summer, a warm cup of clam chowder in the winter, and at all times, a place to meet friendly folks who share your passion for aviation.

Every effort is being made to re-create this unique vibe in FSX. As you've come to expect from Orbx products, everything has been made with an eye for detail and realism, right down to the cattail reeds lining the taxiways. You will not be disappointed.

J-Co is being created as a joint project between Heiko Glatthorn and myself. You are already familiar with Heiko; his outstanding work can be seen in numerous other Orbx sceneries such as Orcas, Diamond Point, Concrete, and the upcoming Harvey Field, to just name a few. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to help take the project to the next level. Although this is my first Orbx scenery, I've been an FS scenery creator for nearly a decade. As a native of Washington State, I'm hoping to use my local knowledge to create an even more immersive and realistic flight sim experience for you to enjoy.

These shots show a rough work-in-progress, and as such they do not represent the final product. As I type this, the project has not yet entered beta testing. Expect more grass, vegetation, objects, clutter, and a few surprises. Hope you enjoy the shots!

-Scott Armstrong

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Ian and Aidan! I am using John V's enb settings; however, I can't get you my REX settings since I'm currently on the road and simply copied whatever textures I had from my desktop onto my laptop before I left. I can give you my FSWC settings though (in order): 44, 23, 3, 100, 180, 77, 18, 5.

-Scott

Only word word. Incredible. I fly into this airport many times in real life, and that looks like a snap shot of the place. EVERYTHING is in the same spot and represented. Incredible. Even my favorite $100 hamburger restaurant looks just like it! Spruce Goose Cafe!

Did you guys stop in there to eat when you went there? Like all the models hanging from the ceiling and sectionals under the table mats? ;)

Thanks guys,

Zach

Lovely work, Scott and Heiko.

This airfield has special memories for me not because I visited in real life (I wish but it is so far!) but because in my beloved Flight Unlimited 3 it used to be my preferred stopover.

Looking forward to buying it and the other goodies on 1 Nov.

Thanks everybody, we appreciate your kind comments and positive feedback!

Only word word. Incredible. I fly into this airport many times in real life, and that looks like a snap shot of the place. EVERYTHING is in the same spot and represented. Incredible. Even my favorite $100 hamburger restaurant looks just like it! Spruce Goose Cafe!

Did you guys stop in there to eat when you went there? Like all the models hanging from the ceiling and sectionals under the table mats? ;)

Thanks guys,

Zach

Definitely! You can't stop by 0S9 without getting something to eat at the Spruce Goose! I was an instructor at KRNT for several months during the summer of last year; I would sometimes take students up there and they all loved it. Here's a shot of the inside of the restaurant:

Posted Image

Looks great!

Any chance 80WA will be part of this package?

You bet :)

-Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome...looks so real...heres a video I took there about a month ago. You can see the Grumman sitting by the cafe even!

Landing 0S9: 3:56

Taxi/Takeoff: 7:04

The rest is just cloud hopping and going back to renton. Hope it gives a good idea, and once again great job Orbx.

Zach

They have great cherry cobbler ala mode at the spruce goose. Ill post some pics in the next few days. The screenshots are great. While visiting Port Townsend my wife was at a conference. So I took several trips

to the airport. Saw V tail Bonanza, Dehav Beaver land for refurel, two helicopter abulance pickups. Also went to Lake Union in Seattle and took a San Juan Island explorer trip. Its about as real as it gets with the

ORBX scenery. GREAT JOB ORBX!

All and everything looks just amazing - a most superb scenery-package, great screenshots and a great video - ... fantastic, fantastic, fantastic - and teh scenery certainly is another one on my "to buy list from ORBX" for the upcoming holiday season in december!

Archived