CYVR is coming!

Chrjs

Hi,

I just read over at FSDT that the next airport will be CYVR! I know it is not a product done by FTX, but according to Umberto one reason for them to start CYVR was in fact PNW/PFJ and to make people start flying in this beautiful region. They also said that of course it will be compatible with FTX. Quote:

"Question: If you make it, can you please ensure compatibility with the OrbX Pacific Northwest and Pacific Fjords products?

Answer: Absolutely. In fact, the availability of such products is what has made us decide on Vancouver, hopefully the combination of a good scenery with a good airport will lead more users to fly there, even if they might not consider that area otherwise."

I think a lot of simmers want to fly the big jets in the FTX regions, so I assume/hope this release might boost FTX sales even more. I'm really looking forward to fly the Westjets NGX out of there!

And please be free to delete this topic if it is not suitable in this (great) FTX support forum!

Regards, Chris

This is my reservation about a CYVR....How will it perform. As is flying in and out of CYVR in a jet is a bit of a hit on FPS due to the urban autogen. If their is a way to eliminate the default CYVR objects and redo the airport that looks better and performs better then I would be interested. If it becomes massive eye-candy and hard on performance then I wouldn't want it.

Cheers :D

I have FSDT KLAX, LSZH and KJFK. FSDT is usually making a very good compromise in between FPS and details and are used to deal with high demanding scenery environments like KLAX, KDFW or KORD. I'm sure they work hard to reach the optimum. But we just have to see. Fortunatelly, they offer a demo version of their sceneries (the scenery can be used in full range for about 5 minutes) so you can test your performance before you buy the product.

Regards, Chris

We fully support other developers making heavy airports in our regions. In fact, there's more coming besides FSDT. Just because we make regions does not mean it's a no-go zone for other developers - on the contrary we encourage it so that people can enjoy a diversity of experience in FTX regions. Looking forward to what Umberto and his team have in store for everyone.

Well this is very interesting, would have loved an Orbx YVR but as that's not to be I shall be watching this one closely - thanks for posting!

I guess there's not only FTX region compatibility but also Holger and Jon Patch's V+3 to worry about in terms of add-ons playing nicely together (that one will likely be out before this YVR, if it's just starting development).

I have FSDT KLAX, LSZH and KJFK. FSDT is usually making a very good compromise in between FPS and details and are used to deal with high demanding scenery environments like KLAX, KDFW or KORD. I'm sure they work hard to reach the optimum. But we just have to see. Fortunatelly, they offer a demo version of their sceneries (the scenery can be used in full range for about 5 minutes) so you can test your performance before you buy the product.

Regards, Chris

Good to hear. I think I will check out some of the other demos from them. Must admit I've never ventured into heavy airports other then the offerings from ORBX.

Good to hear. I think I will check out some of the other demos from them. Must admit I've never ventured into heavy airports other then the offerings from ORBX.

You should really try it. I think, besides of course FTX, FSDT and FlyTampa are THE Scenery developers that are able to make detailed heavy airports retaining good performance.

You should really try it. I think, besides of course FTX, FSDT and FlyTampa are THE Scenery developers that are able to make detailed heavy airports retaining good performance.

I agree, but as of late I think FSDT has gotten better at optimizing performance than FlyTampa is. I've noticed FlyTampa products of late seem to not perform as well as the latest FSDT airports do. Their Tampa-KTPA airport is no where near as FPS friendly as FSDT's LAX, DFW, ORD or JFK. I think the secret to FSDT's performance comes from the use of their couatl/python engine that calls or remove objects rather that the way most devs develope using standard design methods. The guy over at FSDT once explained something about how their latest sceneries use shaders and simconnect with the couatl/python thing to be able to have better control over the sceneries performance than by using typical design techniques. Those guys over there really know their stuff and are pretty good at finding new techniques to improve performance.

Aidan, please give us a HU if the polls over YSSY start. That would definitely be worth a vote for me. :)

Regarding Vancouver, I may share the concerns about system impact and fps from some of you guys.

I'm flying the Concorde in there on a regular basis and while the fps are still good, the memory load is a big factor so far, with the default airport and PNW enabled. So while I believe that the guys can do good on the fps, the memory usage may go up a bit more, unavoidably.

Even tho this sounds good dont be fooled by hype. V+v2 was not a slideshow but with orbx, V+v3 and a detailed CYVR all together mmmm...you guys know that with so many addons at once you will probably need a second comp. Jon has been slowly working on V+v3 but it has been taking so long now that FSDT will probably be out before V3. Cmon Jon.

This is great news!! I have been waiting for my home airport to be given the attention it needs! I am in on this one for sure.

Ironically, there was a crash at YVR today involving a King Air 100. I was at the crash site just 45 mins before it happened.

Archived