The official Orbx xmas shopping list

John Venema

Guest J van E

I am only interested in PNW addons, but I think I'll pass on the new three (and perhaps last) offerings... Anacortes really spoiled me, I guess. It's so great and huge and has so much to offer... Those smaller airports with 'just some fields around them' don't do it for me anymore. They never did, actually, but I still bought them just to make PNW more complete. I already spend too much on FSX this year, I think... If there ever comes a new Anacortes-like airport, I'll get it but until then I settle for what I've got now. Anacortes gave me too much bang for my bucks and paying the same for more simple airports... no.

Hm, I sense a certain addon fatigue here... :P Don't be surprised when I buy them anyway... 8)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, just ordered YMMB and YBAS, can't wait!

I have to thank Orbx for YMEN, we finally visited there on Cup Day in Melbourne after me working out it was a great place to visit., quite strange driving around and recognising virtually ALL of the buildings.

We were ridiculously lucky too. Rocked up to the Police Airwing area, saw all this happening withing minutes with NO waiting.

Edit - these both taken with an iphone 4S, a seriously good and convenient video cam!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy-jUN9rC3M

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6BldmKdbc

Guest J van E

I am only interested in PNW addons, but I think I'll pass on the new three (and perhaps last) offerings... Anacortes really spoiled me, I guess. It's so great and huge and has so much to offer... Those smaller airports with 'just some fields around them' don't do it for me anymore. They never did, actually, but I still bought them just to make PNW more complete. I already spend too much on FSX this year, I think... If there ever comes a new Anacortes-like airport, I'll get it but until then I settle for what I've got now. Anacortes gave me too much bang for my bucks and paying the same for more simple airports... no.

Hm, I sense a certain addon fatigue here... :P Don't be surprised when I buy them anyway... 8)

Well, scrap that...! The Orbx night day switcher made me such a happy man that I immediately pre-paid the three PNW-airports... ;D

Hmmmm... pre-buy the NA stuff or head out for drinks with friends tonight??

Actually, better question, pre-buy the NA stuff AND head out for drinks with friends tonight... How to tell the wife about the expenditure??

Would "professional development" work as an excuse for both? I'm keeping my flying skills sharp with the incredibly detailed airports, and my liver operating at peak efficiency... Guess I'll find out.

X-mas list filled. Intime will get all the eight but for X-mas got PAKT and YBAS. PAKT is a no brainer for me, my style of flying and how I use FSE with my simming.

YBAS has been on my get list for a long time. I wasnt gone to pick it up just yet but I'm wanting one field of Orbx detail that does two things, allow for best frame rate performance due to the lack of surrounding objects and airports and second still in an area that is of interest (not like say the middle of Greenland only to get great frames). I think YBAS is just that field. But it was this photo that sold me on YBAS the most:

Posted Image

I can just feel the atomsphere with this shot. The warm sun, the dry breeze, the suttle background noises, the sound of the dirt crunching under my steps as I walk up to the plane...yeah this is gonna be my go to field when I want to just enjoy flying my Katana, Spitfire, C210 or Cub for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived