3D films of A319 flight from London to Geneva on my new 3D camcorder

steve31000

I just purchased a new Sony 3D camcorder and have uploaded my first films to youtube. I have tested them on a 3D tv with sterescopic glasses and have been pretty impressed so far. I really love the sense of depth you get when watching.

I'm not sure how many of you have 3d tv's but I hope those of you who do enjoy watching this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRGvujKhr8A&feature=related

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t63tnSXWqCw

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Well done on your vids I enjoyed both, especially the view of the fields below the plane on landing.

Keep it up the 3d does make a large difference.

Ken

Thanks Ken. Glad you enjoyed them. I spent the day near Chamonix filming beautiful autumn colours in 3D whilst enjoying a hike.

I'll post a few more videos and see if theres any response from those who have 3d tv's/monitors. It's always nice to know somebody enjoyed it. And don't forget, they can also be viewed in 2d.

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Downloaded and converted your 3d youtubes to mpeg/dvd format and played them on my 65" tv, very impressive although I had a few hiccups with the first one, probably the conversion process. I'll take a look at your channel to see what else you've posted. 3d certainly makes a difference doesn't it.

Ray

Steve,

Downloaded and converted your 3d youtubes to mpeg/dvd format and played them on my 65" tv, very impressive although I had a few hiccups with the first one, probably the conversion process. I'll take a look at your channel to see what else you've posted. 3d certainly makes a difference doesn't it.

Ray

Cheers Ray. I uploaded a video of Times Square from my recent trip to the States. I think the effect works pretty well on that one showing both day and night scenes (though I want to work on the contrast more with Sony Vegas)

I plan on uploading a series on the Alps in 3D based on hikes I do at the weekends (I am currently living in Montreux).

I know some tv's allow you to watch youtube 3D on them without having to convert. I can certainly recommend the Tridef drivers and 3D video player for watching 3D via your PC. You have to download youtube videos using the realplayer app (or similar) and ca then play them back via the Tridef player.

3D is great. Last night, I viewed the alpine footage I filmed yesterday and the effect was simply incredible.

Now I just have to wait for Orbx to the Alps so I can fly in 3D as well ;D

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry to be blunt, but IMHO 3D TV is just another way of the electronic giants trying to push the next new fad. And a fad it is. While I understand others may be interested, I personally have absolutely zero interest in it and fail to see any benefit other than the novelty factor! ;)

Rockliffe

Its so good of you to be blunt but really its not very polite to sting someone's topic like that. People have spent a fair amount of time and money on their interests and fads, like trackIR, shade rex2 and many others that a lot of us have. Please just let Steve share his enjoyment without spoiling it.

Ken ::)

Sorry Ken, you're quite right. I'm having a really crappy time at the moment (I mean really) and it's too easy to vent things out on the forum without thinking. Please accept my sincerest apologies Steve, guys, I'll learn to keep my trap shut in future.

Cheers guys. No problem Howard. We all have bad days.

I think theres always a certain novelty value behind all these things but like Ken said that if you enjoy them, thats what matters.

Do we really need FSX, PC's, TVs to survive...of course not. However, they do make our lives more enjoyable to some extent.

No worries if not everybody is into 3D, I understand, just like not everyone is into FSX (err...actually I don't understand - just kidding).

I will post the odd 3D video here and there for those interested. It's always nice to share these things with others and see what you think.

Filming is a passion of mine and I think 3D is just a new perspective on it which compliments but does not replace 2D (God, I'm starting to sound like James Cameron :wacko:

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for be understanding fellas, I'd hate to come over as one of those arses that you read so often on other forums, that's not me. Today is a better day and as you rightly said Ken, things can only get better. Hey Steve, while I have no experience whatsoever with 3D I do have 20 years experience as a TV cameraman and so if I can offer any advice at all with reagrds to your filming, then just give me a call, cheers. ;)

Hey Steve, while I have no experience whatsoever with 3D I do have 20 years experience as a TV cameraman and so if I can offer any advice at all with reagrds to your filming, then just give me a call, cheers. ;)

Thanks Howard, that's very generous. It would be great to get some filming tips.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Ken. My current location in the Swiss Alps means that I am certainly shooting a lot of video/photos these days. I will upload somemore 3D videos in the next few days.

I agree that I too love to see other users videos and photos on here whether directly aviation related or not.

Cheers

Steve

Archived