a bit of shading around ~part II~

Shade is the best thing to happen to FSX since ENBseries was adopted by FSX users. Those screenshots are excellent, I've come close to trying to make it look like your images with the presets, but it just doesn't quite get there... Anyone who has yet to drop the 10 bucks on Shade, I suggest you do so as you will not be let down, the "endless summer" preset is a good one to get started with if you do get it.

FTX_NA 3W5 Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Test Settings:

12-10-2011 12:26

sliders maxxed with following exceptions:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

Mesh res.: 5m

Texture res.: 7cm

Water Low 2.x

AG Very Dense

Real Weather

AI Traffic 100%

Road Vehicles 16%

Ships 30%

FPS unlimited~external fps limiter =30

nVidia 285.38 Beta drivers

REX2.0+OD

tweaked Shade

tweaked enb

Posted Image

Looks good Wolter. Don't you just love the fog table emulation that Shade provides? Shade overall gives FSX a whole new look, it's adds a massive amount of dimension to flying, espeically during cloudy conditions while flying around large mountains.

I've sent Wolter the final(I think) settings after he tests and likes it then It's in his hands. The aim has been to try and emulate the effect of the sun, I was surprised at how the default FSX settings are very cool, the sun is warm and has quite a bit of yellow in it's light. and the reverse with the shadows. also shadows are stronger at midday and soften up towards the evening. if your using ReX then avoid using overly coloured morning and evening skies, let the shade settings do that for you.

Over to you Wolter

cheers

Ken

I agree Ken, after a long time messing around with various programs checking out colour and textures for sea ,sky and sun etc I have just let default look after that . It is a good set and forget option where as other options work in some scenarios and do not seem right in others . Just got sick of messing around . I change the cloud textures , enb and now Shade.

:P

OK, tonight when I'm home, I will make a write-up, atm at work, on the how's and what's to get this baby purring, due to the nature of the files involved I will have a strong look to make it an auto installer, but not sure yet as I need to double check some files and other stuff.

catch yers laters :)

Archived