Bella Coola, a Spitfire... and Shade - 1st try

moonman

Hello Everyone!

So then - with all the great help and supply here at the forums around Shade i got it all running as well :);) and i am just up and away to what a great experience i know have when flightsimming ... really getting better and better ...!

Many big Thanks to Everyone again for al the various settings provided here at the forums and Steven Hingley aka Gizmo for this superb "tool"! Thank You!

So...Took the Spitfire, repeinted by Jigsaw for some ride around Bella Coola at various days - one time the weather was better, the other day a little worse ... only evening shots for now.

Please enjoy,

Christoph

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fantastic shots Christoph. I too have bought Shade but have been unable to check it out at the moment 'cos I'm building a sim pit which should be ready by tomorrow. However, I keep seeing a lot of screenies, but to be honest, although really cool pics, I can't help but think that all Shade seems to do is darken the shadow areas. I mean, how on earth could you see the instrunents in that last shot!?

Thank You all very very much for all Your kind replies here!

Great to see You enjoyed the show!

... and i have to say again: Playing around with Shade and ORBX really lifts flying within FSX to another "newer" and "higher" level! again! Looking forward to meet You in the air again somewhere around here at the forums!

Cheers,

Christoph

And:

Fantastic shots Christoph. I too have bought Shade but have been unable to check it out at the moment 'cos I'm building a sim pit which should be ready by tomorrow. However, I keep seeing a lot of screenies, but to be honest, although really cool pics, I can't help but think that all Shade seems to do is darken the shadow areas. I mean, how on earth could you see the instrunents in that last shot!?

Indeed, indeed Howard – Shade does especially darken the “cockpitview” very much, …and it´s something that might be very unfamiliar at first …

but somehow it is not “that dark” in the cockpit as it appears here In the pictures for instance (for whatever reason), but it really looks different while flying and really not that dark! – and I also did not had the cockpitlights turned on yet in the cockpit-screenies there above, so: It´s correct… all In the cockpit will be darker when using “Shade” but on the other hand it´s possible to get along with it in a very good way and when tweaking some enb.settings (I used Heiko Glatthorn´s here) by for instance just tuning the “DarkeningAmountDay” values with settings between 1 and 10 as mentioned in one of the postings here for example: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/36808-shade-a-comparison/

… I think that You will then also have some great fun with Shade!

And if You don´t want or can´t use it then I also have to say that – and as we all know – ORBX does also and without any doubt look really, really great without Shade.

Nevertheless though: If You want, then really try it again when Your time allows it…because I think that in the end You might be really happy with it!

For now though:

All good luck with all Your PC-rebuilding procedures - and congrats in advance for Your new system Howard!

... really looking forward to some new great pictures from Yours then, when it´s all done and running fine for You!

Cheers,

Christoph

That third screenshot!!!!! wow..tell me that is'nt real!!!! came stright to this reply part before reading others, and guess what.... No 3 has the kudos for sure.

Watch out Emmsie...might lose your position with Computerpilot Mag ;D

Well...... Well...... Well......... The old stock standard post from the "V" key just does not cut it anymore does it?

Fantastic work moonman! It is just amazing stuff what can be done now. It blows the mind to think what is just around the corner.......

Keep posting those wounderful shots mate!

Timmy.....

Archived