FXAA Post Process Injection

JimmiG

Gave it a try. With FSAA disabled in Inspector it looked awful... Fps was a bit better maybe. WIth FSAA enabled in Inspector it looked just as it did without this injection-addon... So I removed it: I can't see what's so great about it...

You need to use the FXAA_Tool.exe file to alter the settings. i have it and it just sets the scene as I have much more clarity with textures and objects.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

okay guys,

for me the configuration settings from the first page are not working.

If i insert them in the injFxaaSettings.h and start fsx i get a CTD after a few seconds..... The standard config entries are working.....

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot,

Carsten

oh really it does ? great to know. Thank you so much :-)

Carsten........

Are you upset? Bad day? This wasnt meant for you, I see people posting wether it works or not and I'm saying it works on my system, but I didnt @#$^ with it.

• 1 month later...

All I can say is that the tool *does* work ... but a bit of perseverance may be necessary!

One thing I did learn - NEVER run nVidia Inspector and the nVidia Control Panel together. This may apply to FXAA as well ... leave the CP entirely alone!

Hi Adam,

I am going to give this a try, but was wondering about the above quote. Adam...do you mean you uninstall the NVIDIA CP? Can you please clarify....thanks ahead of time.

Patrick

I am going to give this a try, but was wondering about the above quote. Adam...do you mean you uninstall the NVIDIA CP? Can you please clarify....thanks ahead of time.

Hi Patrick - sorry if it's a bit ambiguous. No need to uninstall it - just don't run it! All the settings (by both utilities) write back to the registry - and I found the nVidia CP overwriting whatever nVidia Inspector set up.

For some reason, I thought the two could work alongside each other (ie. open at the same time), but I see now how daft that is :lol:.

I've not run the nVidia CP since I set up my GFX settings with nVidia Inspector and all my settings have "stuck" admirably. I don't even use the FXAA tool any more, as I get decent anti-aliasing from the Inspector and don't want to mess with palettes etc. in the sim.

Adam.

Hi Patrick - sorry if it's a bit ambiguous. No need to uninstall it - just don't run it! All the settings (by both utilities) write back to the registry - and I found the nVidia CP overwriting whatever nVidia Inspector set up.

For some reason, I thought the two could work alongside each other (ie. open at the same time), but I see now how daft that is :lol:.

I've not run the nVidia CP since I set up my GFX settings with nVidia Inspector and all my settings have "stuck" admirably. I don't even use the FXAA tool any more, as I get decent anti-aliasing from the Inspector and don't want to mess with palettes etc. in the sim.

Adam.

Thanks again Adam...everything is working VERY well. Like Charlie, I too found a very nice boost in performance. I am also running ENB with FXAA (but not John's because of the bifocal experience Charlie mentioned lol). Unlike Wolter, I have anti-aliasing turned off in nVidia Inspector. LOD is at 7.5...saw no difference at 8.5.

I have got this FXAA running brilliantly in Skyrim but it still doesnt like FSX for some reason. But I will keep trying!

It has utterly transformed Skyrim and no doubt its doing the same for those people who have it running in FSX!

• 4 weeks later...

it doesn't run in my FSX too! I wanted this tool as a substitute for ENB, because ENB causes blackscreens. But it doesn't run. I put the files and the folder into the FSX, started the fxaa-tool to make some changes. But the sim looks like before. Are there another substitutes for ENB to make a similar look like ENB does?

thanks Kai

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips, I'm tweaking with FXAA tool as we speak and I'm going to scrap ENBSeries for good -- that tweak has caused too many crashes on my system and it is just too unstable IMHO.

I didn't disable AA with nvidia inspector, am I suppose to? When I turn it off I just get jagged edges.

Archived