FTX AU TRAFFIC is released!

John Venema

Orbx has great pleasure in announcing the immediate availability of FTX AU TRAFFIC V1.0, the 100% freeware AI traffic addon for Australia. This addon has been over 12 months in the making, and is built on the well respected VOZ AI 1.x series begun by Mal Walker nearly two years. With up-to-the-minute commercial airline schedules, fresh new liveries and accurate models that are more efficient and FPS-friendly than the default AI, this addon will breathe new life into all Australian airport where there is commercial airline traffic. The addon is completely self-installing and also has a control panel.

Grab your free copy now from http://fullterrain.com/freebies/FTXAUTRAFFIC100.zip  (123MB)

What a week!

AU Traffic, YMML, and even more important - my son was born this week as well!!! I'm afraid I won't clock many flying hours in the next few weeks but will make a point of making up for it later!

Thanks ORBX team for the enormous effort!

Remko

What a week!

AU Traffic, YMML, and even more important - my son was born this week as well!!! I'm afraid I won't clock many flying hours in the next few weeks but will make a point of making up for it later!

Thanks ORBX team for the enormous effort!

Remko

Congratulations mate!  Doubt if you will get as much flying time as you are used to ever again....... :( I've got 4 girls, 3 of which are under 10, I dunno how I get ANY time at the PC  :D

Well done guys - those aussie airports will really come to life now, particularly YMML. This whole show just keeps gettin' better 'n better.

A huge thank you to all involved.

Cheers

Hi John and All you great guys wherever you are.Many thanks for this AI and YMML.With this sort of freebie who could  ever complain about the cost of the software you are making.Never bothered with AI before so i have a big learning curve to go through.Have got in to tower but seems to be a pilots strike on at the moment.Great THANKS

Great job and the icing on the cake is the frame rates are tolerable. I took off from YSSY and saw a 320 coming in. Banked around, got on its wing and folloowed it in. I must have freaked him out because he pitch forked it in, slamming it down on the deck.  ;D

Thanks to all the Orbx team who contributed to making FTX an enjoyable edition to FSX. You guys must have the elves heping as you certainly have pumped out some quality product over the past week.

I downloaded AU TRAFFIC last night and installed it this morning before work. Unfortnately I didn't have time to experience it like some of you but can't wait to get flying tonight.

When pay day comes my pocket money is going straigh to YMML too. Absolutelty fantastic John V.

I noticed that the AU TRAFFIC installer also dumped a short cut to an AU TRAFFIC Manual. Any plans to have it downloadable from the forum. I need something to read while at work. No problem though!

Thanks to all the Orbx team who contributed to making FTX an enjoyable edition to FSX. You guys must have the elves heping as you certainly have pumped out some quality product over the past week.

I downloaded AU TRAFFIC last night and installed it this morning before work. Unfortnately I didn't have time to experience it like some of you but can't wait to get flying tonight.

When pay day comes my pocket money is going straigh to YMML too. Absolutelty fantastic John V.

I noticed that the AU TRAFFIC installer also dumped a short cut to an AU TRAFFIC Manual. Any plans to have it downloadable from the forum. I need something to read while at work. No problem though!

Here you go mate, enjoy!

FTX_AU_TRAFFIC_User_Manual_V1.00.pdf

Hi John and Mal!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Just a quick question, it seems I am missing the Qantas textures. I noticed in YMML I can see Tiger and Jetstar, but for the rest of them they are all white.....as there are no QANTAS planes around  ??? I assume they are missing textures. Is there a way I can check ::)  if I had a dodgy instal? :(

Everything else looks just amazing!  ;D Thank you so much and I am looking forward to GREEN! ;)

Regards and God bless 

Alfred

:o A Virgin in Sydney?

Surely not! They told me there were none left!

Qantas, Jetstar, Emerates, British Airways,

I think Orbit has been replace by Orbx! (Now there's a name for a VA!)

Had my first quick look around after a flawless AI install last night, and it is fantastic! Well done! And much appreciation to Orbx (and OZx) for the wonderful payware and freeware that have transformed Aus into the premium flightsim destination!

Guest GaryVH-GJB

I have downloaded and installed FTX AU Traffic and have done everything by the book and checked the location of all the files and all are in place and everything is where it is supposed to be, but when i went to canberra airport not a single AI aircraft was to be seen all the other stuff was there but no planes...had my slider set to 50%. even changed to sydney airport....nothing.

Can anybody help??? have i missed something in scenery library I have FTXAI_TRAFFIC placed above FTX_ROADS and below Mesh.

Gary...Canberra

fixed it...found 2 bgl files traffic.bgl traffic1.bgl....removed them then hey presto ai traffic  :)

I have downloaded and installed FTX AU Traffic and have done everything by the book and checked the location of all the files and all are in place and everything is where it is supposed to be, but when i went to canberra airport not a single AI aircraft was to be seen all the other stuff was there but no planes...had my slider set to 50%. even changed to sydney airport....nothing.

Can anybody help??? have i missed something in scenery library I have FTXAI_TRAFFIC placed above FTX_ROADS and below Mesh.

Gary...Canberra

fixed it...found 2 bgl files traffic.bgl traffic1.bgl....removed them then hey presto ai traffic  :)

Hi Gary,

After unzipping the FTXAUTRAFFIC100 folder, I did not see any installation 'Read-me' so just let the installer do its usual routine,

which is normally problem free. Not this time though.

After reading the 'FTX AU TRAFFIC User Manual' that appeared on the desktop after installation, I discovered this!

Installation

Installation of FTX AU TRAFFIC should only take a minute or two. There’s no manual installation required,

however to ensure the installer works as planned, we only ask that the default FSX global AI traffic file located

in:

Scenery\World\Scenery\

be renamed back to its original name of trafficAircraft.bgl

The reason we ask you to do this simple step is so the installer will function correctly, and it will rename the

above file to trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED-FOR-FTX-AI

This is to allow you to use the FTX AI Control Panel (see page 3) as intended, so you can enable/disable the

default global AI with just a mouse click or two.

If any other AI add-ons (such as WOAI or MyTrafficX) have already renamed or disabled the above file, just

rename it back to its original filename temporarily and our installer will take care of the rest.

Went and had a look at the relevant file and all appeared to be OK, but on firing up FSX in YBBN, there was no AI Traffic of any kind.

Right clicked on the screen, which would normally have 'Air Traffic' selection in the pop-up menu, nope 'nuffink and the disk activity

LED on the rig was going berserk!

So I followed the un-install instructions to get back the default FSX AI traffic (removed copious beads of sweat too) and thankfully

default AI traffic returned, but my rig HDD activity LED is still going bananas! Doesn't do that when FS9 is fired up  ???

Archived