Emmsies back.

Iain Emms

Fantastic each and every one of them!

Can I ask what leads you to reinstall?

I always think in doing a new reinstall but believe me that is a P....in the A....! besides the time consuming job.

So I try to avoid new reinstalls.

Yes i did a full uninstall of everything including windows 7 then formatted all my drives and installed from scratch i had problems with the NGX and it wont be going back in my machine for a good while it has took me a good seventeen hours to get back up and running but im really pleased with a clean system now.

cheers

Iain

Hi Iain, consider a backup tool. I use Shadow Protect. It allows me to backup all drives independent of hardware and if necessary, restore onto a completely different system.

It allows for quick incremental backups and intelligently restores.

I've spent too many hours rebuilding FSX and FS9.

This tool provides the ability to perform backups at various stages of install, to save going back to scratch or the full last backup.

It's also a good idea to document your backups, so you know when to restore to. Also, ensure you have a good backup prior to making changes, e.g., tweaks, new add ons etc. This allows you to easily return to a point where everything worked well.

I'm happy for you that you have your environment back up. Great shots as usual Iain..

Guest Dontay

Wow! Your back in a big way for sure. Great set of shots as always.

Sorry to hear that you aren't able to enjoy your NGX. I too had a problem with mine. FSX would crash to the desktop just as it finished loading on the runway. Now that I have that resolved and running, I'm a little apprehensive to install any patches. I'm reading way too many posts of people having even more problems after applying them. 70 USD is way too much to spend on an addon without being able to take her out of the hanger every now and again.

Great pictures again Iain - also great to have You back here after all these troublesome hours of re-installing Your FSX and everything else... sad though, that You can not use Your NGX currently - good luck on that one for the future... and for now:

Happy simming again Iain!

Archived