Forum Software Upgrade Maintenance Notice

Jay Kae

Just to let you all know that I will be performing maintenance and upgrading the forums to the latest version 3.2.0 (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK GOD!!!!!!) in the next 48 hours from the timestamp of this post, I apologise for any inconvenience. Modifications and certain functions of the forums will disappear but will be back as fast as humanly possible.

Just to let you all know that I will be performing maintenance and upgrading the forums to the latest version 3.2.0 (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK GOD!!!!!!) in the next 48 hours from the timestamp of this post, I apologise for any inconvenience. Modifications and certain functions of the forums will disappear but will be back as fast as humanly possible.

Ahh, now I understand :) good luck Jay and thanks.

Well, now that was fun, I started the upgrade yesterday at around the 2130 mark, after running two consecutive sandbox upgrades quite successfully. I then rendered a backup of the forums.... anyway, a very long story short, I had a visit from Mr Murphy so now finally after 14 hours and 41 minutes of continous work on this, I am going to go to sleep, it is `1341 in the afternoon and I know there are some issues with the forum at the moment but she is up and running but I cannot sit here any longer

lol wellllllllllllllllllllll it will be once I get some sleep... I just thought I would pop in here to let you all know that there will be issues and a to do list will appear as soon as I am awake again.

Guest J van E

Nice! Have to figure out some new cool features, I guess. ;)

I noticed a lot of topics are closed and quite a few of them are harmless discussions (some of them I'd REALLY like to post in!). ;) Is this something that's on the to do list or are there some new forum rules I am not aware off...? ;)

EDIT

I like the stars which shows you you have posted in that topic: nice. Easier to see than the previous method. I noticed though that on the View New Content page (my default page for this forum) the links no longer lead you to the first unread post: you have to click on the dot (or star) now. Not a big deal (obviously) but I liked it that clicking on a link always showed the first unread post. ;) Quick nav is nice (that's new, isn't it...?)

This 'by time period' and 'content type' feature is awesome 8) !

Er... what's that? I'm curious. Or are these moderators only option or something?

Guest J van E

1. I wanted to edit my post but can't do so anymore. So there is a time limit to editing from now on...? Or will this be changed to as it was?

2. What I wanted to add to my previous post is a tip for those who LOVED the previous View New Content page (whatever the name was): the new View New Content option you see at the top right of every page, is (by default) the new content page like it was BEFORE the previous forumsoftware change: when you open a few posts in new windows/tabs and then go to the 2nd page of the new content you will be missing a number of posts that's equivalent to the numbers of posts you have opened (because the list is updated). If you know what I mean. ;) However, do not fear, because on the left of the View New Content page you see 'New since my last visit', which restores things as they were the last time! :) And btw this option is saved, so it seems, which is awesome.

(This also answers my last question in the previous post, which I can't edit anymore... Hope that will be changed soon, otherwise topics on this forum may become longer than necessary because of all the new posts there will be instead of edits... )

new forums seems great so far, though I am having a little issue, when I press the link or image icon when making a post the whole page goes a darker shade of grey and is disabled, nothing pops up like it's supposed to. so I have to press back button on the browser. I am using chromium on linux.

I will try on my windows7 today and see if it's any different

me again, could someone teach me the way to add videos now, I cant find a video button in the toolbar, the hyperlink doesnt do it automatically (like on some forums that have no video button) and the embed code from youtube doesn't work, so I'm at a loss

Guest J van E

I'm using chromium on ubuntu, I have a video to post this evening, though I'm still unsure how to so it, do I just post the youtube url in the link button?

Use the media tags: simply type them like this (or copy the next line of code and insert your youtube link between the tags):

[media]paste the youtube url here[/media]

While editing the post it should look like this (with a different url obviously):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T16U8-9wduU[/media]

EDIT

The code is partially red: ignore that. ;)

Archived