Poll: Orbx customer event in USA

Would you be interested in attending an Orbx 1-day event in Seattle?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend?

• 2 weeks later...

Why Seattle and not something like Airventure OSH where you will get a TON of exposure? Just curious...

No way I could make it to Seattle, but Airventure would be a completely different story! :lol:

I can't make Seattle either but I go to Oshkosh every year (I live in the midwest though so it's an easy trip for me). I'd sure like to see Orbx at Airventure too as there's certain to be many flight simmers there whether they know about Orbx yet or not. If they could get an exhibitor booth I think it'd be a great opportunity to gather new customers by demoing their work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I live just northwest of Boise, Idaho, and would be very excited to attend! it's only about an 8 hr drive to Seattle, and as a truck driver, this is no big deal.. plus, my family has never been beyond the doors of Sea-Tac, so it would be a great experience for them!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we are at the end of September and it would seem that the number of people who could attend this is not quite where JV was looking for. I hope there is still some way of pulling this off, but maybe when the release of Northern California comes along, another attempt could be had at this. Something in San Fransisco perhaps?? After all would it not be a slightly shorter flight from AU to KSFO anyway?

Kyle

Yes we're not quite there yet. Whilst 73 is a very encouraging number of attendees, we won't plough into such an event to make a loss since we don't have deep enough pockets to incurr it. I do like the idea of SFO, it's one of my favourite cities in the US and I often try to visit the Napa to pick up a few bottles of red as well ;)

• 1 month later...

I finally bought the scenery yesterday. I was a hardcore MSE/ Photoscenery guy and after taking a long break from MSFS I came back and the photoscenery just wasn't doing anything for me anymore. The colorization was all wrong and the lack of autogen really flattened the scenery out a lot. After seeing some screenshots of PNW and then talking to Bill Womack I decided to buy in. I have a few ideas and am thinking about getting back into FS design. That was part of the reason for the trip to Seattle this past weekend. I took my Canon T2i with me and took a few hundred pictures at some airports. I guess we'll see if anything comes of it and then if it does we'll see if that work can get me on the dev team. I'd love to see an event in the Seattle area since I've never been to something like what you are describing.

Archived