Uninstalling FTX Regions

Ozflyer

Since I can't get FTX Blue to work I wish to uninstall and then reload.

The mode button doesn't work (one of the problems) so I plan to disable in FSX then shut down and restart before deleting the scenery areas, is that ok ?

Also I have an area  FTX 05 ROADS which you don't mention in your uninstall procedure, I assume I delete this also ??

???

Also I have an area  FTX 05 ROADS which you don't mention in your uninstall procedure, I assume I delete this also ??

???

Correct, anything with FTX in front of it. In fact, if you are doing a complete re-install of FTX after removing all the scenery library entries, just delete the entire ORBX folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I have completed a re installation but still have the problems I outlined in my Forum request for help -  "Missing roads and can't turn off FTX Blue" - made on 6 Nov.

I have had no help on my request, what do you suggest I try next.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hell John,

A great thank's for your explanations and your help.

In your post you talk only of  Au Gold, Au Green, Au Blue  but you do not explain entries for Au Red....

If it's possible you could give us entries for To Au Red ?

A great thank's for all and best regards.

Olivier  

• 1 month later...

John, I have removed FTX per your instructions.  As you can see from the GPS, I should be over water when in fact it appears I am over the desert.  The blocky sand textures are something I don't expererience either.  I have no inland water at all now.  This shot is leaving San Diego, Californina as I have moved back to flying in the USA.  I have tried everything with no results.  Can you help?  Thank you in advance.

Ron

Posted Image

Hello everyone,

This is my first time here. I need to uninstall FTX SP3, nothing wrong with it, I am just trying to tune FSX  :'(  I cannot see Orbx/FTX in the add/remove programe list and no information in instructions slip that came with the disc.  Would someone be kind enough to post instructions please.

Thanks

Breez,

The instructions listed here are not done in the add/remove programs control panel, they are referring to the FSX scenery folders inside FSX and in your computers root folders, to find the folders you should be able to click "computer" from your start menu then go to whatever your primary drive is, for me it's in c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X, thats where you will find the Orbx root files to remove not in your add/remove programs.

MY problem with FTX/FSX started when I installed the PATCH for YCDR that was recently released.  After installing the patch, FSX would not boot up at all.

I moved my whole ORBX folder to my desktop, and then I can get FSX to start, yet it notifies me that ORBX stuff can't be found.

So, I can't "uninstall" per the instructions at the top of this thread, since I can't get FSX to boot up if the ORBX folder is present within the main Flight Simulator folder.

I'll continue to work on the problem, but...    Has anyone else had a problem with this patch?

Regards,

PFS

"FTX Mode" ???

Hmmm...  I don't have an "FTX Mode/green" icon on my desktop, nor do I have one under the Start button.  Or anything called "Mode" under any Orbx menu.

I have "FTX Central" and an "FTX Aero" icons...

Where does one find an Orbx icon or menu item that includes the word "Mode"?

• 11 months later...

When trying to start the program FTX Central, I get a message... "Unhandled Exception has occurred.....

C:\Prgram Files\Microsoft Games\Microsift Flight Simulator\X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work\Images\btnPDF_Off.png.

John I am unable to open FTX central to even start the un-install process.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

Archived