KORS Scenery problem

THibben

After installing the KORS update I have a flatten problem. Runway has a gully between it and the taxi ways. Also a strange hill off to one side. I have installed the latest library file and re-installed the patch with no help.

Any ideas?

Tom

Are you always using FTX Central when you switch between scenery areas?

I had the same problem. For me, the solution was to always go to FTX Central, click on FSX and then click on apply. Then click on NA and then click on apply. Then load FSX.

Cheers

Paul

The KORS User Guide (and the revised v1.1 User Guide) does explicitly say to install the PNW.003 patch after installing. Install the PNW.003 patch and you should be ok. Apologies for this, we should have made it clearer in the patch notes. Let me know if that fixes the issue ok?

I did install the PNW 003 and 003A patch after instl.

Will try again though. Still has flatten problem.

I Give UP. I have tried once again a total uninstall and re-install per all the instructions I have read. I still have a flatten issue which makes KORS unuseable. I am going to try a total new download of the file to see if I have a corrupted instl file. Beyond that I don't know what else to do.

I do think the whole system is a little complicated. Why isn't there a simple one step uninstall program and re install system.

Sorry for my frustration but I have spent over two days working this problem and I still have an unuseable product.

Tom

Tom,

I'm sorry to see you are having such a problem with getting KORS to display properly, and understand your frustration.

Believe me when I say that we will not stop helping until the problem is resolved. Please understand how hard it is to troubleshoot via a message forum without direct access to somebody's computer. The support suggestions that have been given thus far are known fixes for the problem that you are encountering, and when the known fixes do not work it takes us longer to find the answer to the problem.

When reinstalling please ensure the following:

- Run the installer with "Run as Administrator"

- Run the PNW 003 and then 003a installers with "Run as Administrator"

- Run FTX Central and select Default then Apply. Then select North America and Apply. (Cycle from NA to Default, and then back to NA)

Let us know how the re-download and reinstall goes, I'll be following this thread closely to respond to your next post.

I Give UP. I have tried once again a total uninstall and re-install per all the instructions I have read. I still have a flatten issue which makes KORS unuseable. I am going to try a total new download of the file to see if I have a corrupted instl file. Beyond that I don't know what else to do.

I do think the whole system is a little complicated. Why isn't there a simple one step uninstall program and re install system.

Sorry for my frustration but I have spent over two days working this problem and I still have an unuseable product.

Tom

Hey Tom, don't get too disillusioned, I know it's a pain in the ass when things don't go to plan, but I promise you, the Orbx guys and everyone on this forum will help you resolve your issue.

Hey Tom, don't get too disillusioned, I know it's a pain in the ass when things don't go to plan, but I promise you, the Orbx guys and everyone on this forum will help you resolve your issue.

I re-downloaded the KORS installation and removed the existing KORS per the Tim Harris 02 March 2011 instructions. Re installed KORS and the runway elevation problem is still there.

I guess that does it. At least all of my other fields are okay.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Do you have a FTX_ADE_PNW_KORS_elevation_adjustment.bgl file in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery?

Yes. It appears part of the original runway is showing through and there are ditches on either side of the runway and around the taxiways. Is there a way to delete the original runway?

Tom

I have the same problem at Tamworth airport. The stock FSX runway/taxiway textures show through the FTX textures.

Once I installed KORS, All the Ozx freeware PNW strips dissapeared for me. Hang in there Tom. These guys are quick to solve the problem!! ;)

I also had "valleys" at CAK3 Delta Heritage Airpark. But once I installed the latest PNW patch it was fixed. Same with S21 Vashon.

OK, that's one thing ruled out

Next is to run a windows search of your FSX folder for "KORS", let us know of anything that turns up that is NOT in the ORBX folder or Scenery\World\Scenery

Tim,

I think I just solved it. I had Victoria + installed. I removed it and all is well. There must have been an elevation conflict between the two.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Yes it was the same for me ... ditches, double runways, 2-levels at ORBX Orcas Island ... solved by my uninstalling VICTORIA+ version 7! As far as I can see there is no compatibility problem between ORCAS and VANCOUVER+ version 2 (if interim-patched for PNW!)

Looking forward to VIC+ version 8 and VAN+ version 3 ... now in preparation.

David

Archived