Account won't stay logged in anymore

Rockitglider

Are you using safe mode with Kaspersky?

Hello,

I have no idea what that is, so I guess, no. Is that some kind of brouser security program, if so I use Zone Alarm Internet Sec. This only happened to this forum, the A2A forum stays logged in always and this and A2A are the two I use the most.

Rockitglider  8)

Kaspersky is an AVP that has a mode which enables you to safely browse the net in a 'virtual' environment. Try disabling you anti virus for a moment and log on as normal to the forum, then close and reopen your browser again without the anti virus running to see if the forum opens without having to log on. If you can then your Antivirus is blocking the login for some reason.

CRAZY! Im actually have the same problem with just this Forum, every couple days it kicks me out. I have cleaned my browser, and everything looks good from there. This just started happening and it doesn't happen with any other forum.

Same here for ie and Chrome both at home and at work. I have no security software whatsoever at home and some corporate rubbish at work. It's been happening for at least a week. When I arrive at the forums page I appear to be logged in but when I select one of the forums I am told I have to log in to see it. Doesn't happen at any other site  ???

I assume you have your Cookies enabled ...... this is likely your issue, also make sure you have the Remember ticked as well as the Log In Automatically otherwise it won't be saved.

I have absolutely no issues at all here, mind you I use FireFox IE isn't on the system and neither is Chrome ( Not bloody likely to be either )  I clean out my cache regularly, History too.

Your Cache and History should NOT have any effect on staying logged in as this Cookie is stored totally separately from anything else in FF at least.

Passwords Web based Mail and many many other things in FF can be exported to a backup file for restoration in the event of a PC rebuild too.

Another reason not to have ANY Auto Updates turned on ever for any program, IMHO always do any updates manually because if these issues are caused by updates you can easily track which one and uninstall it if necessary.

No issues with FF in Windows 7  here as I said so I'm suspecting that you fellows have update issues and you browser's are not keeping your log in details,

I know that Winblows Defender is a prime culprit in this regard,

I'm having the same issue across two computers, Win7 64 and WinXP.  Get booted at least once a day.  It's an inconvenience, not a major problem.  This same thing happened with the REX forums a couple of months back - flushing the cache fixed it up straight away, but this has not worked for me since it's been happening here...

Cheers,

Derek

OK  Log OUT and shut down your browser,

For  IE if you go to the Tools, Internet Options, and then the Cache option and clear it ( remember this DOES NOT clear the cache entirely) some files are hidden by the OS and won't be removed.

Fire Fox is much simpler due to it's total lack of integration in the OS, Navigate to

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Your Profile\Cache

and DELETE the entire contents of this folder.

I wouldn't mind hazarding a guess that most issues are related to a new feature available to Internet Explorer Version 8 is the InPrivate securty mode. This consists of three features that are called: InPrivate Browsing, InPrivate Blocking, and InPrivate Subscription. When these are enables, IE8 will not save browsing and searching history, cookies, form data and password. In addition, it will AUTOMATICALLY clear the browser cache for you as well.

I suspect Chrome behaves in a similar fashion.

But this should help

Looking into the cache is generally helpful in many things, one of which can be downloading the videos which you can see in the temporary files of the cache. Or downloading recently viewed photos.

So a very small tip here on how to access Google Chrome’s cache -

Turn on “Show hidden files and folders†as sometimes a few files get hidden and can not be directly viewed.

After you turn that on, go to this location in your windows OS -

C:Documents and SettingsYOURUSERNAMELocal SettingsApplication DataGoogleChromeUser DataDefaultCache

If you are a multi-user windows user, then go to the folder having the user name of the one which you are logged in while browsing the cache.

You can delete the temporary files or they automatically go after a certain time.

Listen to what Maurice has explained, settings get changed every once in a while and cookies renamed, courtesy of the spammer problem all forums are experiencing, the reason that you guys only see a spammer on here every once in a while is because I am trying to stay one step ahead of them, the latest thing was 'cookiemunching' (using a cookie via a script to create accounts and spam the forums)

So if you experience logouts etc, always do what Maurice has described above.

Hello,

I don't see a cache option in IE options, I see a delete button, but the problem with doing this is I'll have to relog into every site that keeps me logged in already this site is the only one that doesn't. Is there a way to just delete this cookie for this forum instead of all of them? I really don't want to clear my temp int files or my history, this makes pages have to reload all the temp files all over again right? Thanks,

Rockitglider  8)

Listen to what Maurice has explained, settings get changed every once in a while and cookies renamed, courtesy of the spammer problem all forums are experiencing, the reason that you guys only see a spammer on here every once in a while is because I am trying to stay one step ahead of them, the latest thing was 'cookiemunching' (using a cookie via a script to create accounts and spam the forums)

So if you experience logouts etc, always do what Maurice has described above.

Hello,

So you did make changes to the forum, could you please fix it so we don't have to keep logging in or take away the choice of staying logged in? It still doesn't stay logged in. Thanks,

Rockitglider

Where in that whole sentence do I say that I did make changes ? The changing of the settings and cookie renaming is an automated process that has been running unchanged for 4 years now. So no, I did not make any changes to the forum at all mate, the cookie refresh is the same as it always has been, it is an issue on your end. Changing manners of login and cookies automatic changes are two completely different things, anyway, I log in from 8 different machines during my days including laptops, iPads, iPhones etc etc and they all stay logged in. If it was a forum issue they would not stay logged in, hence it is a local issue on your end. Default your browser and clear your cache and temp files to wipe your faulty setting and you should be right. 

Also just to make my point a little stronger here, if it was a forum issue, the forum would be splattered with topics about it like when the login DID break years ago.

Ok, I just finished going through a MySQL exercise, all accounts in this thread that have been talking about not being able to stay logged in are running the old (redundant) cookie, so please follow the instructions at hand to fix that up for yourself so you can stay logged in.

OK,

I found out where the cookies are stored and deleted all the orbxsystems.com cookies from both the low and cookie folders. Hopefully that will do it. They are located in C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies with system files visable.

See ya, Rockitglider  8)

I prefer to use Fire Fox and have ALL me Login's etc in a true crypt file on a thumb drive I NEVER have issues even if I go to some iNet Cafe, All my data is on the thumbdrive ie FireFox Portable all runs off the Drive ;D .

Never been a fan of CCleaner due to early versions removing things they shouldn't ,  BUT it comes down to what works for the individual.

Rockitglider tells you the location for Cookies in Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft . This is for IE.

In Firefox an easy way is in the browser itself. Open the Tools Menu. Go to Options -> Privacy -> Remove individual cookies

This is happening to me too. I have to enter username and password every time I return to the forums.

There's obviously something different. This did not happen in the past. Something had to be changed in order to cause users to have to re-enter login info.

Hello alexf,

I just noticed your location, your my close neighbor :) Small world eh? By any chance do you fly RC planes around here, I fly at Pomp. landfill on Sample Rd.

See ya, Rockitglider  8)

No I don't but as a photographer I visit Broward often. Maybe I'll go  take some RC photos one day. Never been there.

Archived