Holger or Jon Patch

marshkop

Hey guys, I didnt want to post this in the compatability subject because its not realy about that. I kinda wanted to start this post as a Hooraa for this incredible addon that would compliment the FTX area.  I dont realy see anyone on this forum, very often, talk about Vancouver + V1-2-3. What an incredible addon this is, espescialy for FTX and the NA region.                                                                                                                   

Its central (pretty much) to the FTX region. This was the best FSX addon at the time it came out, and the one of the most expensive at the time. I paid around 80 bucks for that scenery, but it was worth it for all the area, (400,000sq km) I think, the seaplane bases, waterfalls, dambs, hydroelectro plants, the downtown core, photoreal Langley,the Harbour, ferry ship plane floatplane and road ai traffic, lots of custom autogen, Whistler Blackcome, Stanley Park, Harbour Air facilities, Canada Place, BC Place, and many air fields throughout the scenery package . You guys are charging for the upgrade to V3, so this scenery will be worth more than anyother scenery Ive ever puchased. I read Jons last post on his blog site, I believe both are working on the V3 and never gave (of coarse) a timeline. What is the timeline guys?  :)

pps. please forgive me if this post is still in the wrong place or not.

Don't have Vancouver yet, and I'm really looking forward to see it fixed with Vers 3. With the wonderful PFJ NRM and PNW we really need now cities as detailed (with textures flow of course) as the inland: Seattle, Portland, Vancouver and Victoria come to my mind.

Cheers

F.

Hi guys,

good to hear there's still interest in v3 of Vancouver Plus. No news/timeline at this point other than what Jon posted on his blog: http://jonpatch.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/a-better-idea-of-vancouver-v3-availability/

A couple of corrections to the initial post above: when Van+ v1 was released in 2007 it sold at EUR34, or about CAD48, not "80 bucks". Also, the area covered is ~30,000 sq km, not "400,000 sq km". Anyone interested in the features of the current version of Van+ can download a copy of the manual here: http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-vancouver-for-fsx.phtml . New features and bug fixes planned for v3 are listed here: http://jonpatch.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/whats-new-in-vancouver-v3/

Cheers, Holger

On page 4 of the  the NRM manual I came across this "a special version of Vancouver+ called Vancouver+ for FTX will be released soon after FTX NRM is released".  Not sure what we should regard  as "soon" but in any case I would be grateful for an update on its current status. Thanks.

Bruceb

• 2 weeks later...

On page 4 of the  the NRM manual I came across this "a special version of Vancouver+ called Vancouver+ for FTX will be released soon after FTX NRM is released".  Not sure what we should regard  as "soon" but in any case I would be grateful for an update on its current status. Thanks.

Bruceb

Any update on this?  Thanks

Bruceb

I tend to check Jon Patch's Blog for updates.

As luck would have it, we have this short but sweet entry today...

Monday January 10th

Vancouver+ V3 update

Filed under: Development, Flight Simulation, Flightsim, FSX, Vancouver — jonpatch @ 8:41 am

As promised, Holger has started working on his bits.  Thanks for your patience!

Hi Bruce, there are updates on Jon Patches blog site...sadly I cant insert the link so just Google Jon Patch. He has had nothing new for months, which is realy sad. I started this post so I could drum up some support for Jon and Holger to let them know intrest is still there. Also so it wouldnt be hidden in another post at a different part of the forum. The more attention  Van+V3 gets. the quicker it will get done.  :)

I've been following Jon Patchs Blog as well as Bill Womacks.  Since this is a show of interest and support to those other great addons of Holgers and Jons I would like to state how very much I am a supporter of the Vic and Van area and am looking forward to seeing it work inside FTX as well.

Love the great AI Helo and seaplane traffic as well as the already mentioned features found in the Vic and Van scenery packages.

I know there is a temporary patch to get those to work so what well in FTX now but havent gone down that road as I'm just waiting for the complete updated version designed for FTX in V3.  Really hope Victoria is also part of the V3 upgrade and release at or near the same time.  The Ogden Point, Victoria Harbour area is just an awesome area along with all the other off grid places like Gaines Strip.  Add the OzX NA improvements into the mix and that whole area is just amazing to sim in.

One other item that is Holger/Orbx related is what I read on Bills blog.  He said that he delivered USFS Cabins to Holger for the Orbx Library.  One could assume that those cabins would be placed in the Misty Fjord area.  My question is to Holger which is, if we get the cabins found in Misty Fjord for FS9 added to the FTX PFJ area by the Orbx Library, the only thing really missing would then be AI seaplanes.  Are the AI seaplanes something that might show up down the road and should we look for them as a Orbx release or other?

No need for specifics like time frame or wrapper but it seems Misty X was once going to be the platform used to deliver the Cabins and AI Traffic to complete the FTX Misty area since FTX is mostly land improvements.  There is the AU Traffic for the FTX AU area as freeware on the Orbx site so maybe the NA Traffic could be released that way as well for the PFJ area.  I mean PFJ already has the seabases, landscape and everything else found in Misty Fjord for FS9 so only cabins and AI Traffic is left.

Just kind of interested and hoping not to ask to much like putting the cart in front of the horse and all.

Whatever comes its going to be a great year thanks to the key developers who have aggressively started making huge improvements in that whole area for FSX users.  Thanks guys.

I see that some people are holding off on loading the current version of Vancouver Plus, I wouldn't wait. Down the road we will have a new YVR by J Gabbert, checkout "Addicted to Airspace", which will be a really nice addition, looks very good and integrates with Vancouver.

Hi Kilstorm,

One other item that is Holger/Orbx related is what I read on Bills blog.  He said that he delivered USFS Cabins to Holger for the Orbx Library.  One could assume that those cabins would be placed in the Misty Fjord area.  My question is to Holger which is, if we get the cabins found in Misty Fjord for FS9 added to the FTX PFJ area by the Orbx Library, the only thing really missing would then be AI seaplanes.  Are the AI seaplanes something that might show up down the road and should we look for them as a Orbx release or other?

It's been six years now so it's easy to forget that the original Misty Fjords was a pretty basic affair and only became alive through the many freeware add-ons a la Misty Moorings. The release version of Misty Fjords had several AI ships but no AI seaplanes; in fact, we (FSAddon) were criticized back then that we hadn't even placed docks at most of the real world seaplane bases. We first introduced AI seaplanes with VancouverPlus and then also had them in Tongass Fjords and Glacer Bay for FS9.

Anyway, the Pacific Fjords update will include all US Forest Service cabins as well as some other new features and, of course, bug fixes; see http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=28307.msg241093#msg241093 . AI vessels and floatplanes will be included with our PAKT Ketchikan airport and town add-on that is being developed by Russ White. We don't have a full feature set yet but I have seen some neat 3ds Max renders of Beaver and Cessna aircraft as well as the unique dual-level platform of PAKT airport.

Cheers, Holger

Holger thank you for the reply.  Yeah I guess my C.R.S. (Cant Remember Sh  ) strikes again in thinking Misty had AI planes.  Thank you for letting us know what to expect in the area in the near future.  Can not wait to see what PAKT and the area looks like.  You did a great job in Tongass giving us customers a feel to the area of what it might feel like living in a bush version of Venice, Italy with some of the more detailed locations like Klawock or Sitka and the such.

Now with Russ doing his magic under the Orbx wrapper and team members, theres no way the bar won't be raised.

Anyway thank again for the answers.

Nathan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Holger

I just bought ALL(4) of the Orbx Scenery available to date for Canada & USA. Brilliant scenery. Bella Coola & Pemberton

blew me away. I wanted to thank you & Jon for an outstanding contribution to the Flight Sim community.

I had previously bought Vancouver+ some time ago. That is amazing but a bit frame rate heavy so

I will wait for Version 3 to arrive before reinstalling it. (Guess there will be something to pay).

Am a bit confused ref CYVR & CYYJ are they being updated or should I reinstall, could someone kindly enlighten me please?

Best regards

Howard (over the pond)

Hello Howard,

glad to hear you're enjoying the NA regions!

Vancouver+ v3 is about to go into Beta testing. When combined with ORBX NA regions the FTX airport enhancements will take precedence except for the high-detailed airports included with Van+, CYNJ and CYPK.

CYVR will be the FTX "default" version with the exception of a more detailed seaplane terminal.

CYYJ is outside the Van+ coverage area but there's a great freeware version for it by Don Grovestine http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/18468-cyyj-victoria-intl-by-don-grovestine-compatibility-with-ftx-pnw/

The good news regarding CYVR is that FS DreamTeam is working on it - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=kfn30okae8q6gauvjor0ei3eb1&board=49.0 - and they've indicated that it will be compatible with our products.

Cheers, Holger

I got Van+ some time ago myself, and being from the area, I loved how much it improved flying around there. My only beef is that flying in the CYVR area, I have to really crank down my air traffic, but it's to be expected. Sorry to hear tho, from Holgers post on the updates on page 1, that the Howe Sound Mill --Woodfibre-- will lose its smoke. I spent many years working there, and it's a nice bit of nostalgia to see that.

• 3 weeks later...

And might there be any chance in future of improving CZBB? Especially with the recent work that's gone on at the airport, and it's increasing importance to light biz traffic, it's a weak spot in the PNW region.

Looking forward to V+3!

Archived