European Servers For Downloading

Jay Kae

Exclusively for Orbx/REX products, I have acquired 2 European Dedicated Servers, you can click on the small icons under the flags to test your speeds

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All feedback is appreciated, if you have download problems please advise me of your geographical location (not exact of course due to privacy concerns) and your Internet Service Provider and the speed you should get according to the plan you are on.

A definite improvement Jay - recent dl's without a manager were peaking at about 120kb/s... with this server I'm getting 320kb/s unmanaged and with Getright and two segments it was pulling at around 460kb/s with the 100mb file.

This is still someway behind the speeds I was seeing six months ago, but this is not related to Orbx or FSS as I'm not seeing any better than this with any download currently.

Thank you for your commitment to making the service provided as good as it possible can be... great work  :)

This is the results of a speed test I just did; I'm not sure how accurate they are, as they try to sell faster services? - I did more than one however, which returned similar -poor- results.

Posted Image

Well then Jay here is what speeds i got here in England.

1Gb file using straight download only,

High 545 Kbs Low 473 Kbs Average speed 527 Kbs Time to Download 34 Mins 14 Sec.

1Gb File using Getright Downloader.

High 554 Kbs Low 236 Kbs Average Download speed 433 Kbs Time to Download 40 Min 17 Sec.

512Mb File Straight Download only.

High 756 Kbs Low 664 Kbs Average Download speed 640 Kbs Time to Download 13 Min 24 Sec.

512Mb File using Getright Downloader.

High 713 Kbs Low 308 Kbs Average Download speed 513 Kbs Time to Download 16 Min 30 Sec.

Thank you Jay i hope this helps mate.

cheers

Iain

The 1 gig button wouldn't work. The 512 button took ~ five minutes to download, at an average 1200 kbs ["5 connections from 2 sources"] using Download Accelerator - which I can recommend. But with the  download completed, my PC went haywire and I had to reboot ...

I have just tried this myself Peter (Download Accelerator free version) and am getting better results than with Getright... a steady 600kb/s on a partial dl of the 100mb file, which I can live with.

The 1 gig button wouldn't work. The 512 button took ~ five minutes to download, at an average 1200 kbs ["5 connections from 2 sources"] using Download Accelerator - which I can recommend. But with the  download completed, my PC went haywire and I had to reboot ...

I have just tried this myself Peter (Download Accelerator free version) and am getting better results than with Getright... a steady 600kb/s on a partial dl of the 100mb file, which I can live with.

Glad Download Accelerator worked for you, Mark. Never let me down, which is more than I can say for Getright. BTW, my 1200 kbs seems faster than anyone else, but surely that can't be right? I'm with Virgin cable broadband: if anyone else is using it, perhaps we could compare...

Xavier, no that would be inefficient and time consuming, to stresstest I used one of my workservers via SSH to download a 5GB file at the same time x 800 (which is well above the pressure level we usually experience) and got speeds of around the 1.1Mbps... good suggestion though ;)

Xavier, no that would be inefficient and time consuming, to stresstest I used one of my workservers via SSH to download a 5GB file at the same time x 800 (which is well above the pressure level we usually experience) and got speeds of around the 1.1Mbps... good suggestion though ;)

Whoa, i guess around next release i don't have to be scared that there wouldn't be enough bandwith for me ;)

100mb file came down in 2mins 19sec. Straight up download, no managers or whatever. Transfer rate 736kb/s.

(very) remote North West Scotland. I've not seen many better transfer rates/times than that on my connection, seems to work fine.

Regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some maintenance being performed on the UK server in the next couple of days guys, noone should feel the effect of that really because all the others are running at 100% capacity still just thought I would let you know (some software updates on the server and installation of 2 new Xeon's)

those servers really do nicely, I just did another testrun on the German server, the 512MB file came down with up to 5.8 MB/s without downloadmanager :)

this is really nice for future downloads :)

thanks again Jay Kae

Archived