Banff landmarks

Dieter

A well known landmark in Alberta is the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel close to Bow River at Banff.

Comparing it with the memories of my last visit there it  looks a bit strange in this scenery.

The famous Bow Falls (you remembers the film "River of No Return") should get significantly more spray/rapids/currents.

(I agree, just all cosmetic in this excellent, huge package of the NRM, but in contrast, Lake Louise Castle is designed very well.)

Hi Dieter,

I agree it is quite a landmark

Banff springs hotel is on my personal 'to do' list, as is the Prince of wales hotel at Waterton lake, I ran out of time modeling the hotels before NRM release (as there was a few higher priority things to do) so only manged Columbia Glacier chalet and the Lake Louise chateau

There are also a few more nice looking lodges and hotels I would like to model, but there's never enough time in the day to do everything I want too :)

• 6 months later...

Dieter,

I would assume that if Tim has it on the todo list it will be forthcoming when the announced update/patch for NRM is issued. And no, I have no idea when or if that will occur.

Hi Dieter,

Spud is correct, if Tim gets around to modeling those hotels they will be included with the NRM service pack.

My apologies for the long dalay in getting the service pack ready but family matters had me travel to Germany several times in the last year and I'm still trying to catch up with my to-do list and most of the scheduled NRM fixes and additions are for me to do.

Cheers, Holger

• 10 months later...

Well, even after this huge, excellent NRM patch001 the famous Banff Springs Hotel hasn't got the form of appearance that comes close to the real one.

(I'm not sure if anything was improved? I assume there is probably too much effort necessary to create a difficult object like this one.)

Not to compare with the design of Lake Louise Chateau.

Nevertheless thanks for the great work on the patch001.

Hi Dieter!

I agree. The Banff Springs Hotel was the first land mark I visited after the installation of NRM and I am sorry to say but I was disappointed.

Please don't get me wrong: NRM is beautiful and well done as all of ORBX software but I found the hotel to be mistreated. I would have expected a much more accurate crafted object since I think it is on the top five list of well known landmarks in Canada.

And I also agree that I could not recognize any improvement with the NRM patch.

So it would be kind if you could leave it on your to-do-list.

Best, Till

P.S. No matter what you do: There will always be some guys complaining… (Wir jammern auf höchstem Niveau!) :ph34r:

Sorry chaps I didn't get around to this yet, still on my list though,

Perhaps you both could help me out by digging up some building plans, floorplans and building dimensions and any good square on photographs showing the building clearly? (this sort of research usually takes much longer than the model)

PM me if you need further info

Cheers

Tim

Hi,

The fact that you are responding demonstrates your continuing attention to buyers and the information you've shared certainly assures me that in the near future there will be wonderful additions to this great scenery. I 'll wait until you can get to it. Thank you.

good flights, Cal

Indeed Cal, they are the best! Fast response time and enduring commitment and work on the improvement of the products!

@ Tim: I will let you know if some of the mentioned information comes across my way. Did you try to contact the hotel directly? If not I would try and see if they would like to provide some information. It is some kind of PR work, isn't it?

Best regards,

Till

Archived