[PRE-PAY] FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains Exclusive to FSS

Bush flying goes East! FTX Northern Rocky Mountains is a vast new area adjoining FTX Pacific Northwest and FTX Pacific Fjords. Almost double the size of PNW, the region includes parts of Montana, Washington, Idaho, British Columbia and Alberta with key cities including Missoula, Edmonton and Calgary. You will experience beautiful terrain and brand new textures based on actual aerial photos taken over the region. The diversity of the terrain is stunning and majestic to fly over, and of course spectacular locations such as Moraine Lake and Lake Louise are also depicted accurately. Just like Orbx FTX PNW and Pacific Fjords, we've given every single airport an upgrade with more accurate placement of buildings, hangars and objects. Additionally every single square mile of landclass is hand-made and all roads, rivers, lakes, power lines and vertical obstructions are included for accurate VFR flying. Finally, all textures are hand-annotated with brand new autogen.

* Over 340 airports have been upgraded!

* Continues coverage east from PNW & PFJ

* Superb new Matt Tomkins ground textures

* Hand-crafted landclass covers every mile

* Accurate roads, rivers, lakes, powerlines

* 10 & 20m Holgermesh for crisp definition

* Selected photoreal coverage areas

* Super accurate autogen annotation

* Features Moraine Lake and Lake Louise

* Spectacularly diverse terrain to explore

* The perfect addition to Pacific Northwest

For all the details, screenshots and to place your pre-paid order visit the following page only at The FlightSim Store:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1488

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be looking forward to this one, since it covers my home and I used to be able to drive up into the mountains a lot.  Can't wait for a revisit in the sim.  When is the approximate release btw?

Same here! I used to be able to ride my dirtbike right from my garage to a mountain!  KBTM!  Already PP'd!

I'll be looking forward to this one, since it covers my home and I used to be able to drive up into the mountains a lot.  Can't wait for a revisit in the sim.  When is the approximate release btw?

Same here. Born and raised in Calgary and family all over the Columbia Valley (Cranbrook to Golden). I am betting most people that get the scenery for their neck of the woods do thier first flight from thier home airport. I know I will. I am looking forward to a round trip through the rockies starting from CYBW with some online sim friends. Biggest challenge will be picking the apropriate plane for the task. That and which route. Thinking I would follow the VFR routes on the Calgary and Vancouver Sectional and visit the airports along the way. Can't wait. :)

Charles.

Woo, a fellow Calgarian.  By the way, is that a Flying Club Cessna in your picture?  ;)  Yeah, I'm probably planning to take off of Springbank and end up doing something from the maps too.  Or even just following the #1 highway sounds like a plan.

Ya. C-GHTW. Pilot friend took me for a rip in it. :) you fly?

It will all be really cool regardless. Coupled with PFJ, not sure I will fly anywhere else for a long time unless they are more exotic. There is so much to see now. Hope they do a few airports soon after release. Springbank for sure.

Charles.

Pre-ordered. :D Can't wait to fly around Kamloops, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton and Calgary. Hope to maybe see one of the Canadian airports in the region done up sometime (I suggest Kamloops or Jasper). Just a few questions though, will the ski resort runs be made as they were in PNW? Also, are you planning to release a new Google Earth file with the POIs, photoreal areas etc.?

Thanks for all the marvelous work.

Pre-ordered. :D Can't wait to fly around Kamloops, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton and Calgary. Hope to maybe see one of the Canadian airports in the region done up sometime (I suggest Kamloops or Jasper). Just a few questions though, will the ski resort runs be made as they were in PNW? Also, are you planning to release a new Google Earth file with the POIs, photoreal areas etc.?

Thanks for all the marvelous work.

Sadly Banff aiport is closed in real life except for emergencies. Now with the new scenery, I guess we can relive the time when it was open to recreational aircraft. I hope someone does a detailed Canmore and Banff scenery. Get the moutains right. Sulphur Mountain, Cascade Mountain, Two Jack Lake and Minnewanka and also Castle Juntion would be nice.  8)

Banff Airport was closed due to "impact on wildlife". Yet apparently the growing town of Banff (on the other side of the highway), Heli Tours departing nearby, boat tours of the lakes, camping and the massive highway that runs right past the strip are not hurting anything. ;) I guess I don't know all about it. They must have had good reason. I still love the hiking there though. :)

Charles.

Sadly Banff aiport is closed in real life except for emergencies. Now with the new scenery, I guess we can relive the time when it was open to recreational aircraft.

I am quite puzzled by CYBA's status. Although it is listed as Restricted in the Canadian Flight Supplement to emergency use only there are two aircraft tied down in the trees. A 182 and a 150/152(?) and they've been there for years. There may be other aircraft that use it also because there are a couple of other rough built nose hangars in the trees. I'm out there a couple of times a month and frequently see fresh landing tracks.

The strip itself, just a meadow really, is kept mowed in the summer and plowed in the winter. It always has a newish looking windsock flying.

I can only think that there must be some special permission for those two aircraft because the fine for using that strip without the permission of the National Park Superintendent, or for emergency reasons, is really colossal and conviction might also involve aircraft confiscation.

I hope it gets modeled in the new scenery for completeness sake and I hope it gets positioned properly. The existing FSX CYBA is badly misplaced across the other side of the Trans Canada Highway.

It's a bitch of a strip to get into in real life when the wind is blasting at the side of Cascade Mountain. I haven't done it in 20 years but not much has changed since then.

Count me in as well... I'm going to have to update my profile as well, but I might run out of space.

I bought ORBX back when it started as VOZ and just knew that one day they would be recognised for

the best add on scenery available for FSX. Nothing else comes near it. Keep it coming!!!!!

Cheers

Hank

Got my prepay for the NRM, and looking forward to some much more lengthy GA flights with such a large area now. It will be awesome.

I was thinking tonite that I have an add-on scenery for just the Banff airport. Is it safe to assume I should remove it and go back to the default FSX scenery so it won't cause conflicts when I install NRM?

Sadly Banff aiport is closed in real life except for emergencies. Now with the new scenery, I guess we can relive the time when it was open to recreational aircraft.

I am quite puzzled by CYBA's status. Although it is listed as Restricted in the Canadian Flight Supplement to emergency use only there are two aircraft tied down in the trees. A 182 and a 150/152(?) and they've been there for years. There may be other aircraft that use it also because there are a couple of other rough built nose hangars in the trees. I'm out there a couple of times a month and frequently see fresh landing tracks.

The strip itself, just a meadow really, is kept mowed in the summer and plowed in the winter. It always has a newish looking windsock flying.

I can only think that there must be some special permission for those two aircraft because the fine for using that strip without the permission of the National Park Superintendent, or for emergency reasons, is really colossal and conviction might also involve aircraft confiscation.

I hope it gets modeled in the new scenery for completeness sake and I hope it gets positioned properly. The existing FSX CYBA is badly misplaced across the other side of the Trans Canada Highway.

It's a bitch of a strip to get into in real life when the wind is blasting at the side of Cascade Mountain. I haven't done it in 20 years but not much has changed since then.

You have actually landed there back in the day? That's really cool. Was it a fly in to go have some pie in Banff?

Being in the Sim, we can pretend it's been re-opened for recreational use. :)

PM me if you want to do some fly in and explore some of this region. I have most Carenado planes and love mainly bush flying and VFR in the sim and plan on getting a license in the not too distant future.

I also look forward to hopping over the rocks from Pridis Corner or Turner Valley to Invermere and then up to see how they modelled the hoodoos and glaciers. That and a trip to Franks Slide just west if Lethbridge. Really curious to see if they modelled it. It's one of those interresting Alberta Aviation sight seeing points.

Charles.

I have barely scratched the surface on PFJ, yet here I go again.

I need to attend the next "ORBX Anonymous" meeting:

"Hi, my name is Jack and I am an Orbaholic.  It started a few years ago with a few freebies.  What could that possibly hurt, I thought.  I believe the term they used was "demo", and I sure fell for their trickery.  Next thing you know I am buying a region, then two.  I would say to myself "I can handle it."  Then I started on the airports and it all went downhill.  Before you knew it I was "prepaying".  Now all I can play with is ORBX scenery.  Regular scenery won't even work for me anymore."

;)

"Hi, my name is Jack and I am an Orbaholic.  It started a few years ago with a few freebies.  What could that possibly hurt, I thought.  I believe the term they used was "demo", and I sure fell for their trickery.  Next thing you know I am buying a region, then two.  I would say to myself "I can handle it."  Then I started on the airports and it all went downhill.  Before you knew it I was "prepaying".  Now all I can play with is ORBX scenery.  Regular scenery won't even work for me anymore."

;)

;DLOL ;D

;)

Hi Jack,

Welcome to "ORBX anonymous"

how do you think we do feel as we need to test every release multiple times in various stages of completion, before even one of you lot sees even a glimps of it :P;D;)

and you know the phrase "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" ;)

;)

Hi Jack,

Welcome to "ORBX anonymous"

how do you think we do feel as we need to test every release multiple times in various stages of completion, before even one of you lot sees even a glimps of it :P;D;)

and you know the phrase "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" ;)

I'm getting the shakes now.... I need a hit soon... Better release that NRM.    ;D ;D ;D

Guest J van E

Pre-paid.

I've been out of the Orbx-loop for a short while due to the Aerosoft AirbusX and some European airports I received for free, but I'm back again. I had to think about this purchase because even though I have flown in PNW for MONTHS (didn't fly anywhere else after the release until the AirbusX took my attention), I still haven't seen everything. However, I always found the area a bit narrow (you can cross the area (specially down south) in no time) and seeing the same (very obvious) mountain peaks on the horizon all the time (and the ocean in the west), did give me the feeling I needed some new ground to explore... ;) In comes NRM.

I passed on the Fjords because it has to few airports for my kind of flying and it didn't seem to have too much diversity... NRM seems to offer all I want: it's huge, not as narrow as PNW, it seems even more diverse than PNW and has loads of airports. Due to all this I think (or I am sure) NRM will offer me even more enjoyment than PNW before it will make me think 'Ive been here before' (even though I haven't).

Being as it's now 11.00 pm on Thurs 25th Nov 2010 in  Melbourne, shouldn't the NRM prepayers have rec'd a d/l link by now? According to the website the product is due for release on 26th Nov, which makes today, (the 25th), 24 hours early. I thought this was the timescale pre-payers would have access to the link? ???

Guest J van E

Being as it's now 11.00 pm on Thurs 25th Nov 2010 in  Melbourne, shouldn't the NRM prepayers have rec'd a d/l link by now? According to the website the product is due for release on 26th Nov, which makes today, (the 25th), 24 hours early. I thought this was the timescale pre-payers would have access to the link? ???

Maybe that date is for the pre-payers...? And the none pre-payers will get it the 27th? Besides, last week John said "NRM Northern Rocky Mountains - late this coming week (~ 26th)", so it might be a day (or more) later than that. It WILL be november though. But even then, when it comes to software, you never know. ;)

Archived