hmmmm, i have a feeling my fs time is dwindling

Jasmckee

well as the title says, i am thinking that my flying time is going to be severly curtailed within about 8-9 months time,  the main reason is that there is going to be another mckee running aorund in this world ( i think the world can handle it), yes i am going to be a  dad, found out on saturday, have to 100% confirm with the doc tommorow, but two different test can't be wrong can they?  so now i am trying to get as much cockpit hardware as i can before the money goes on to nappies and such :):P

Jason

"but two different test can't be wrong can they?"

wouldn't be the first time  ::)

and if the doc confirms your suspicions the money will dry up immediately and the closest you will get to cockpit hardware will be a knife, fork and spoon  ;D for the dinner times you will spend at the PC  getting in flying time.

Andy b

You'll be fine for a good few weeks after as they sleep so much to start with... it's when they get older you'll have no time.  If you have an outhouse with a good lockable door, then move everything in there  ;D

Warmest congrats btw, hope it all goes well over the coming months... and the tests are never wrong these days btw, the docs over here don't do any further tests to confirm once a shop bought test has given a positive [there may be some exceptions to that, but it's pretty much 100%].

Good luck!  :)

Congratulations. I´m there myself in four weeks time, BabyBlade is coming 8). And I´ve been thinking, there may be hope for some simming still. You know this baby-carry-harness-thingy where you carry the baby on your front?! Excellent way to have both hands free while simming, and you´ll teach the little one a thing or two about flightsimming 8)

Bjorn

Congrats, Jasmckee.

Here's an argument for a continued flight sim life: The monotone sound coming from that nice General Aviation plane of yours while just looking at the amazing Orbx scenery is THE main factor for any good baby sleep. So whenever the proud mother is to exhausted, you can come up with the "baby silencer". Think about it  ;)

I'm actually practicing some argumentation, just in case  :P

Great news, congrats! I probably lost about a year and a half of simming after our little boy was born in 2008. It's all good. Nowadays he helps me 'leaning' the mixture (in other words, turning off the engine in mid flight).

i might have to take up some of the suggestions, i do know that there will be a young pilot to be from day one, just have to make the controls drool and sick proof!!

Jason

You might want to sick proof things a little further in front too... Those projectile vomits or projectile reflux can travel many metres!  ;D

• 1 month later...

well some bad news on this front, on thursday night my wife had a miscarrage at 10 weeks, then last night had futher complications due to the miscarrage, i have just done a 36 hour stint at the hospital and have got my wife home, it has been a big roller coaster of emotions the last few days :'(, it will get better, and we will be trying again,  thansk for the well wishes guys, a really good bunch of people here

Jason

Jason, I'm very sad to hear that. Look after your wife and yourself, and all the best during this difficult time. As you say, it will get better, keep a positive outlook for the future. You will get there eventually.

Remko

I´m very sad to hear that, Jason. My thoughts are with you and your wife. I know how much energy, hope, and expectation and worry is invested in such an undertaking. Don´t let doubts and worries stand in your way of fulfilling your dream.

I hope you and your wife will work through your crisis and emerge even more resolved on having a baby when the time is right.

I hope you´ll have solid support from the people around you. And you´ll always have whatever support we can offer here!

Bjorn

well some bad news on this front, on thursday night my wife had a miscarrage at 10 weeks, then last night had futher complications due to the miscarrage, i have just done a 36 hour stint at the hospital and have got my wife home, it has been a big roller coaster of emotions the last few days :'(, it will get better, and we will be trying again,  thansk for the well wishes guys, a really good bunch of people here

Jason

That is the crappiest thing I have read today. Best of luck for you both.

Andy b

thanks guys, it is hearting to know there is still care and concern out there in thisbig bad world.  thanks for all the well wishes,.  wife is on the mend, go back to the dr on monday to make sure everythign is gone, then it will be move house on the tuesday and then start again after christmas.

again thanks for all the well wishes and support, it is great!!

Jason

Archived