REX OverDrive for FSX Released!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM REAL ENVIRONMENT SIMULATIONS

Real Environment Xtreme OverDrive Released!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Real Environment Simulations is pleased to announce the release of REX OverDrive. REX OverDrive is a 9.9GB FREE High Definition texture upgrade for REX FSX and is available to all current REX/FSX customers.

REX users will be able to expand their FSX experience with hundreds of free high definition textures for all areas REX has made improvements in, and will be user-scalable for the FPS conscious pilot.

"Our team worked tirelessly for almost 6 months, with more than 1,100 man hours on this update and we're extremely confident users will enjoy the outcome" states Tim Fuchs.

All REX customers who wish to update to OverDrive will need to make sure they have REX Service Pack 3 installed prior to the OverDrive install process. Visit the link below for more info: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=10463.0

Developer Reed Stough also adds, "We've also been working tirelessly on multiple projects, including the next stage of service packs for REX/FS2004 and REXPlane for X-Plane. The updates will also include weather-related and under the hood enhancements.

For more information, please visit: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/overdrive.html

For discussions, please visit: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php

Available on DVD here: http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1397

Safe Skies!

The FlightSim Store Crew

http://www.flightsimstore.com

I cant even download it haha.

Keeps saying the sever is busy and can't connect... Ive been trying in GetRight for the past 20minutes or so....

Guess ill just have to wait for it to all settle down and i might be lucky enough to get a connection :P

I had 2 hours of school, and now i am back at 11 AM  ;D and the download finished while i was school. Gotta install it now! :)

edit: Oh noes, seems that C: drive ran out of space, so download didn't correctly finish. Oh noes! :(

I had this debate with myself too :P The YES I DO! won the argument haha ;D

Same here. I think the fact that it's FREE had a lot to do with it!

And you do get 256 cirrus and 192 3D cumulus and stratus cloud formations, 2 sets of asphalt runways, 1 set concrete runways, 9 sets asphalt taxiways, 9 sets of concrete taxiways, 1 set of a snowy runway, 6 sets of dawn sky colors, 19 sets of day sky colors, 8 sets of dusk sky colors, 2 sets of tropical water and reef textures, and 11 sets of wave animations. ALL in HD quality!

So, I'll take it, thank you even though I settled on my preferred sky, clouds, runway sets a long time ago and haven't changed them since so I already have an awful lot of textures I've never tried, I'll have these new ones too  ;D

Bugger, my download finished at 67% and was corrupted. I'll have to start again  ::)

Gah, 2 times i have downloaded the pack and both times finished at 2.9GB size.

Edit: I wonder why there can't be torrent files, those getright and other download managers cost to use, and torrent downloaders are free.

And if you say something related to piracy, please don't. Torrents are used for other things than piracy too, you know.

Edit: I wonder why there can't be torrent files, those getright and other download managers cost to use, and torrent downloaders are free.

And if you say something related to piracy, please don't. Torrents are used for other things than piracy too, you know.

I agree - this is what file sharing was invented for. I used a download manager and even then it took several attempts and pretty much the whole morning. 

No torrents, period, getright.com and flashget.com are free as well so there is no difference ... if you want a support disaster one should use torrents.. and I think we can all think of the company that had just those support issues when they released their stuff using torrents. Also with a these downloads I get complaints it takes more than like an hour, with a torrent it will take like 2 days or more so I just shiver at the idea of torrents.

I haven't heard of any disasters with software makers using torrents, so i didn't know that.

Torrents rely on Peer 2 Peer sharing, so if you have powerful enough upload speed, you can seed the first people with good speed, but as the first one's finish, they should seed, atleast untill they have seeded what they have downloaded. As the µTorrent beginners guide says, you should seed until the ratio reaches 1.000.

Before posting the last comment, i had looked at getright.com , and read that there is a trial version, which i assumed to be "1 download and then pay", but if that is not the case, i will have to take a look at it and download it.

I haven't heard of any disasters with software makers using torrents, so i didn't know that.

Torrents rely on Peer 2 Peer sharing, so if you have powerful enough upload speed, you can seed the first people with good speed, but as the first one's finish, they should seed, atleast untill they have seeded what they have downloaded. As the µTorrent beginners guide says, you should seed until the ratio reaches 1.000.

Before posting the last comment, i had looked at getright.com , and read that there is a trial version, which i assumed to be "1 download and then pay", but if that is not the case, i will have to take a look at it and download it.

I used the Beta version 6.02 of Internet Download Manager here - http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/ and uninstalled it as soon as the download finished.

I agree - this is what file sharing was invented for. I used a download manager and even then it took several attempts and pretty much the whole morning.

Agree with this way when it's free and not piracy- remember NL2000 V4 By NL2000 team ?

I am locked out anyway since I cannot log into the Rex website. I forgot the password and no longer use my old email address and have had no response regarding a new (second) registeration attempt. So, no joy here at all. I am sure that it will work out eventually when Tim has more time to reregister me. I would hate to have to wait until a DVD arrives from Australia.

Kind regards,

Yeah, no major issues... first download failed quickly, but after new mirrors had been added I managed to get the package in an hour and a half, which was OK considering the size and demand... and lets not forget this is FREE, so we should not expect quite the same delivery we would get through FSS. 

Thank you Tim... this is above and beyond  :o 

Downloaded it and installed it with no problem,  Went on my first flight with the new HD textures and was blown away

Josh

Downloaded (without the dld manager). I installed (twice) and at the very end (green bar is almost touching 100%), it says that one component failed to install and  and no go. I'll try a third time before I attempt to download again (took almost 6 hours!)

Archived