CityScape Canberra - First shots! (21)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOW we're talking... I had a feeling something special was up with Canberra! Looks totally amazing. You guys should really look into hiring more folks so that we can all enjoy more of this amazing scenery and now just in a few small patches around the world!

You guys!!!!!!  Here I up and ruined another keyboard.  Everytime you post projects in the works, I drool all over the darn keyboard  and have to buy another!!! (smile)

Beautiful work fella's.....looking forward to this as I do all your products.  Many Thanks to you and the team!!!

Cheers,

Looks amazing - did my first ever (and scariest) flight into a 'big jet' airport at YSCB coming from YSCN - now I can re-live trying to find that visual reporting point as often as I like...  At least the runway is long enough to forgive the fact I was waaay too high on final....  :-[:-[

Maurizio, we knew ourselves on another "blog di fsx" ;)

Your last productions were amazing ! Does Antonio C. have an active part in it ?

This one will be exceptionnal !

John : you said you will release AU YSCB first before the town AU Canberra...

Could we imagine that when Canberra will arrive in 2011, we should be able to have the 2 sceneries in one pack (promotional price for example) or like 3W5 + WA56 (one bought - the other offered for a short laps of time) ?

My God ! When i have a look to the roadmap, my moneybag is going to be mad : Cairns, Alice Springs, NZ, Canberra...

Now i'm sure of it : you (ORBX TEAM + Out helper Teams) got the God eye and touch !  ;)

Wonderfull pictures...

I'm sure of another thing : i have to win at the bingo !!!  ;D

And for now, waiting will become the Hell... ;)

thanks for your comments, and it's a pleasure to meet you here too  ;)

Yes, Antonio is helping me in the development. For the price John better than me could give you some explanation anyway i am sure he knows well how to satisfy in the best way FTX customers  :D

Maurizio, we knew ourselves on another "blog di fsx" ;)

Your last productions were amazing ! Does Antonio C. have an active part in it ?

This one will be exceptionnal !

John : you said you will release AU YSCB first before the town AU Canberra...

Could we imagine that when Canberra will arrive in 2011, we should be able to have the 2 sceneries in one pack (promotional price for example) or like 3W5 + WA56 (one bought - the other offered for a short laps of time) ?

My God ! When i have a look to the roadmap, my moneybag is going to be mad : Cairns, Alice Springs, NZ, Canberra...

Now i'm sure of it : you (ORBX TEAM + Out helper Teams) got the God eye and touch !  ;)

Wonderfull pictures...

I'm sure of another thing : i have to win at the bingo !!!  ;D

And for now, waiting will become the Hell... ;)

After seeing these screens!!! and the level of detail, and of course the amount of work involved, I'd gladly pay for the both of them! ;D Ever since I have been flying with the FTX scenery, I have become an ORBX junkie! Finaly got out of the pit of the tubeliners to enjoy the low and slow that the roots of aviation evolved from!! :) Any chance PNW or any of the NA series will see this kind of treatment?

Hey boys,

I've never said i won't pay for it  ;)

Just said it will be hard for my money bag  ;D

And as Ricy76 said : i'm a junkie too !!!! ;)

That's normal that you ORBX Team and people who work for you should be paid, and the quality of your sceneries are for me a great breath...  8)

As others have said well done, looks very impresive.

I've been living in Canberra for the last 10 years and have flown over all of it, my first impressions of the screen shots is amazment, at last I can jump in something slow and cruze around the town without ATC.

Your comment regards the AIS is informative, this account for the omission of the ASIO etc buildings?

At the moment Canberra is experiacing a rather large building boom, both road improvements and residental apprtment/commercial high rises so I guess a V1.1 may need to be in the pipline.

The business park.......err Airport looks great.

Guys my wallet is yours for the takeing!

Now this is what I call 3D photoreal... all the way down to touchdown... I remember posting something about the bar being raised into orbit... guys, you are leaving the solar system with this...

Simply amazing... no other words...

I cannot wait to build a new i7 system in the near future... ORBX and nothing else in scenery!

Andrew

• 3 months later...

:o :o :o  Simply gobsmacked... Speechless!

I agree!!!

Having done my air observers nav training in out of and around YSCB I can swear this looks just like like the real thing. I can fly my VFR training runs on this. Wait till I show the guys at the multi agencies air observors course!!

• 3 months later...

I hope too that Canberra Cityscape can be released soon  ;D Well, i am working hard on this, we are at about 70% done of the coverage. the city anyway is enormous and for this is difficult to give an accurate prevision. I hope in some months more it's ready  ;)

Thanks for your comments  ::)

Sorry to bump this to the top, but just bought Canberra and just blown away by this already even without the city scape...

But...... when is this gonna be released?... cant wait!

Hey John, I'm just in the throws of parting with cash for a big Aus airport, but just a little worried about the framerate hit... whad da ya reckon?

We were demoing YSCB + Cityscape on the stand at the Avalon Airshow and it ran very smoothly using various aircraft. The key was to set autogen to Normal, and it worked very well indeed. This was on a 4.2Ghz desktop and a 2.8Ghz laptop. In fact, the laptop was smoother since it was using a new mobile Sandy Bridge CPU.

Tell ya what Howard..... you should really get Canberra! When you see it, you will be gob smacked! ... and mighty impressed with its performance too!

As John said, normal autogen is advised and you still get to see alot of eye candy!

I run my autogen at dense and all options enabled in the control panel for Canberra and get 15-22 fps with frames locked at 22fps

Also, I think its a great location for many flights to other Orbx sceneries.. YMML for instance and the flight I recently did from Moruya was breathtaking

Tell ya what Howard..... you should really get Canberra! When you see it, you will be gob smacked! ... and mighty impressed with its performance too!

As John said, normal autogen is advised and you still get to see alot of eye candy!

I run my autogen at dense and all options enabled in the control panel for Canberra and get 15-22 fps with frames locked at 22fps

Also, I think its a great location for many flights to other Orbx sceneries.. YMML for instance and the flight I recently did from Moruya was breathtaking

Sounds like it may be an expensive Tuesday!  ;D

• 2 months later...

Hi Pips,

we are at a good point, about 80% already covered. This means, at this stage, already 775.000 autogen elements already placed. The SW part of the city have to be completed yet, NW almost completed. SE and NE ready. All the swimming pools have animated water, to give more realism. It's really enormous, i thought to finish for june, anyway i think i need some months more to complete the autogen. The target is to fly with an autogen set to dense, in the way that you have a sense of a city well filled even at this setting. In the truth, i can fly with extremely dense setting in that area without suffering. On my machine, the optimum is very dense, pratically you have almost every objects on the ground and the simulation is smooth. All this on my machine, that's old. It took me a lot of time to test well the scenery, to grant you a very good performance, For this reason i placed every single object one by one, to optimize the performance. But this requires more time. You can make for instance a forest in 10 mins, instead of several days. But the result is very different :) I choosed the second way, because the vegetation is much more realistic and it runs much more smootly in this way. This is an example, for the houses is the same.

Wow! :blink: That all sounds very impressive Maurizio. I am really looking forward to this baby. Another couple of months? To get the above I'm happy to wait till the end of the year. :)

Thanks for your comments Pips :) Yes, i am anxious too to complete this project and i will make my best so that waiting won't be too long :) My dream, when i started to fly, was to have the sensation to have a real city below, and not to worry so much about the settings. I think to have centered this dream, even it required almost two years of work. But almost immediately you take your wheels up from the airport, you have this sensation, even at a very low altitude.

Will you guys please stop! :)

Everytime I decide that I ought to stop buying add-ons you produce yet another 'must-have' and I go raiding the bank account again.

Seriously, this looks fantastic and I do really look forward to 'just one more' each time.

Rich

Really?! Great news! Canberra already runs really great for me with the PMDG j41, but hey, the more FPS the merrier ;-)

The patch our already out and had been for a while. It is V1.1. You might already have it and just not realised the date on my post.

Archived