CityScape Canberra - First shots! (21)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics John. It's looking very impressive but, gee, there's a bit of south-side bias there.

Please give us some shots of the better half (north side) of the city! ;) I wanna see my house!

PS - will there be any point getting this product if I run my autogen settings at sparse or normal? The product's virtues seem to lie in its dense hand-placed autogen...

Very impressive! The scenery even has St Andrews church, to which my mother goes regularly, and YMCA Sailing club, where I have spent many Sunday afternoons. I look forward to playing this scenery.

Thanks for your comments :-* Yes, i like in particular the south of the city but there is also the north ;) We will prepare some shots too. Regards the autogen, you can run the scenery at normal setting and the combination of the photoreal and the 3D is still beauty to see, in addition the real estates are still visibles. Sparse, i think, is a setting that tends more to obtain very high performances, it's obvious that you haven't a lot of objects on the ground. If you run the scenery at sparse setting on a normal scenery is enough empty, and here too, but the photoreal, that has a resolution of 60 cm, gives you a beautiful sensation even in this condition. Mesh are very good so the terrain too is well detailed. Autogen is the element that gives you more realism expecially when you fly at a very low altitude.

• 1 month later...

Yep. The South side is definitely where all the nicest people live!

I really can't wait fro this release. Have always wanted to fly over my home town in FSX. And with the amazing level of detail shown, it'll be a cinch.

Archived