Orbx trees and grass

Jonathan Beckett has given us a look at the Orbx trees and the use of flight recorder

Quite interesting and colour blind as I am - I can see the difference - but maybe needs a tweak of the contrast etc on his picture

My question is - what effect will 2024 have on this and is the software out of date already

• Upvote 2

Hello John,
you will know as much about the forthcoming release as Asobo and Microsoft have chosen to

reveal and that is exactly the same amount that external developers know.
No one else knows, or if they do, they will almost certainly be bound by an NDA.

Everything else is pure speculation, which in itself is fine, though also perhaps a waste of time.
Given that it is speculation, it cannot offer worthwhile or accurate answers to  questions like
"what effect will 2024 have on this and is the software out of date already", beyond
"your guess is a good as mine", which is my answer to you. :)

Microsoft have released this: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 FAQ - Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I can't wait to see what we get and what works, as someone that plans on a new PC next year I will be waiting a little longer to purchase the new sim, so I am looking forward to seeing how you are all finding 2024 when it drops...for this reason I am still purchasing the odd thing here and there...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

OK - I made my guess and after perusing various videos -I like it - and even though the MS videos

look very good - and I think the software might be redundant come November

However - in keeping with my attitude to supporting developers direct when possible - and as a donation to

the salaries of the staff - and expenses of bringing us this forum - I bought it and like it.👍

even improves the 11 year old Gold Coast Bing garbage😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1