PMDG 737 tutorial

I have had the 737/700 since it was released, never flown it, not had time, however I now plan to get to grips with it, I have been a predominately Airbus man so it's all alien to me...I am looking for Brussels Airlines livery if there is one and a descent pdf tutorial to get me started....are any of these available anywhere?...got so confused with FMC earlier and how to get the figures, maybe on the EFB?

Any help appreciated, it looks like I have a bit to learn...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wain71 said:

I have had the 737/700 since it was released, never flown it, not had time, however I now plan to get to grips with it, I have been a predominately Airbus man so it's all alien to me...I am looking for Brussels Airlines livery if there is one and a descent pdf tutorial to get me started....are any of these available anywhere?...got so confused with FMC earlier and how to get the figures, maybe on the EFB?

Any help appreciated, it looks like I have a bit to learn...

Wayne, some pdf tutorials you will find in the Community folder under "pmdg-aircraft-737 / Documentation".

I highly recommend to check out the YouTube channel of Emanuel aka A330 Driver https://www.youtube.com/@A330Driver/videos

His YouTube name used to be B737NG Driver when he still was a real world B737NG pilot, but he has become a real world A330 pilot last year and therefore has also changed his YouTube name. Emanuel is also part of the PMDG tech team, i. e. advising PMDG as a real world pilot. His channel is a real treasure chest for anything connected to PMDG's 737NGs. There are detailed tutorials on anything connected with this bird (always in connection to the real world), but also full flight videos with detailed explanations, videos about other planes in the sim and in real world. Of course the focus is now more aiming towards Airbus flying. So you have to go back at least 10 months or so to find the kinda videos you are looking for.

E. g. this video is about programming an FMC, but it's not the only one:

Emanuel is German, his videos are in English though and easy to understand.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, wolfko said:

Wayne, some pdf tutorials you will find in the Community folder under "pmdg-aircraft-737 / Documentation".

I highly recommend to check out the YouTube channel of Emanuel aka A330 Driver https://www.youtube.com/@A330Driver/videos

His YouTube name used to be B737NG Driver when he still was a real world B737NG pilot, but he has become a real world A330 pilot last year and therefore has also changed his YouTube name. Emanuel is also part of the PMDG tech team, i. e. advising PMDG as a real world pilot. His channel is a real treasure chest for anything connected to PMDG's 737NGs. There are detailed tutorials on anything connected with this bird (always in connection to the real world), but also full flight videos with detailed explanations, videos about other planes in the sim and in real world. Of course the focus is now more aiming towards Airbus flying. So you have to go back at least 10 months or so to find the kinda videos you are looking for.

E. g. this video is about programming an FMC, but it's not the only one:

Emanuel is German, his videos are in English though and easy to understand.

Cheers, Wolfgang

thank you Wolfgang for this, I have subscribed to his channel and watched a few videos, I also note that he has done videos on the ATR and Xplanes Challenger which are 2 more aircraft I bought but never used.....appreciate your help...

• Like 3

Mentour Pilot recently did a 737 online course, which he has done a few times, on his "Mentour Now" Youtube channel.  You probably won't find a more in depth tutorial, as he is a real life 737 check pilot.  He does these courses in conjunction with Ben from Airline Pilot Performance.  I actually haven't watched all of these ones, but watched a lot of the last course.  I believe there is also a paid course, but these videos are free to watch and on their Facebook page there were also files.  I can leave links to both.  If you are unable to download the PDF files from Facebook let me know, I downloaded them previously.

It's probably worth going through the PDFs included with the PMDG 737 as well.  I'm pretty sure there is an included tutorial flight you can follow through.

https://www.youtube.com/@MentourNow/streams

Watch videos right to left (cold and dark video first).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/virtual737course/files/files

Actually, it looks like the group is paused on Facebook, so you can't join, so probably can't see the PDFs, so here they are.  

737 Virtual Type Rating.pdf

STN-DUB Flight Plan.pdf

B737NG_FCTM_(31-10-05).pdf

7.PMDG-NGX-QRH.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Along with the ones listed above Wayne, British Avgeek also has a full playlist of MSFS PMDG 737 tutorials.  In fact there are quite few Youtubers that do 737 tutorials, even from back in the FSX and P3D days.  The channel noted by Wolfgang above is an excellent one (A330 Driver).  I have watched many of his videos.

• Like 3

Hi @wain71 

I followed Doofer911 PMDG tutorial for the 7737. Real well explained and easy to follow. I love it. There are 11 tutorials all up. Definitely worth checking out. I'm the opposite to you. Now I am moving onto the Airbus :) 

• Like 4

thanks everyone for the links, I have a bit there to help along my journey....once I get sorted I will post some shots....I'm sure it won't take to long I tend to pick things up quite quickly...

• Like 3