MSFS Great Britain North v1.2.0 update

OK, I am going to need to know why Sumburgh Head lighthouse has been removed before I attempt to install this update. Has the real one been demolished? Has it been removed because it is included in the EGPB Sumburgh airport package?

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Has it been removed because it is included in the EGPB Sumburgh airport package?

Sumburgh Head lighthouse is advertised in Orbx Direct to be part of the EGPB Sumburgh airport package:

EGPB-Sumburgh-Lighthouse.jpg?rlkey=z0hdq

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

OK, I am going to need to know why Sumburgh Head lighthouse has been removed before I attempt to install this update. Has the real one been demolished? Has it been removed because it is included in the EGPB Sumburgh airport package?

OK, I will tell you that the lighthouse is also included in the UK world update, so in both cases, there will be two if EU GB North is added.

• Like 2

With respect to the Sumburgh airport area, there appears to be a mesh issue with the headland to the north west of the airport (beyond a certain distance, a small chunk of the cliff is missing, but the outline of it is still visible). I do not know if this is an Asobo issue, or something to do with the Orbx Great Britain Mesh package.

I'm not seeing any particular problem with the headland to the NW of the airport with either the default or the Orbx mesh (the mesh morphs a bit as I approach but that's not unusual).

EDIT. This is with terrain LOD set to 400. With it set to 200 the NW headland does morph more noticeably on approach - at least it does with the default mesh.

It's the headland with the lighthouse on which changes most noticeably as I approach (this also happens with no Orbx scenery active at all). Bits of the headland appear as I approach.

Much as I hate to disagree with Nick (I'm usually wrong!) I have the UK WU installed and don't see a lighthouse - just a ridiculous looking apartment building when I just have the default scenery active. With Orbx Sumburgh I just see the one lighthouse (and no apartment building).

Now if only ASOBO would remove the trees - notoriously few and far between on Shetland :rollmyeyes:

All the best,

John

Basically we removed 3 conflicting POI's. The Outer Skerries is part of the UK World Update and the Sumburgh lighthouse and Nats are part of our own Sumburgh scenery.

• Asobo version of the Outer Skerries clashed with the Orbx Great Britain North version. This has been fixed.
• Removed Sumburgh Head Lighthouse
• Removed NATS Sumburgh
• Added GB North KML file
• Removed thumbnail entry from layout.json file

Changelogs are generally available on our discord channel

(12) Discord | #Orbx-updates | Orbx Community

All the best,

John